Click here to join.
Housebuilders & Residential Development
Our residential development practice remains a core part of the Real Estate Group and handles a range of residential and mixed use development sites, varying in size and complexity. We are involved in transactions from an early stage of negotiations and the insight gained from our many years of working in this sector is applied to drive projects forward in the desired timescales. We utilise our in depth knowledge to help our clients to navigate the entire development cycle, from acquisition through to disposals of completed units.
We understand the nuances of residential development and are flexible and responsive which allows us to provide a unique tailored and solution driven service to our clients.
- Acquisition and disposal advice (including disposal strategy) on schemes with development values exceeding £400m in some cases.
- Advising developers and landowners on joint ventures and collaboration agreements.
- Advising on land sale agreements and development agreements on affordable housing transactions.
- Acquisition of a 22 acre former brewery site in London for a mixed use development.
- Acquisition of former film studios in West London for residential redevelopment for over 200 units.
- Advising on the residential aspects of a £600m mixed use development.
- Advising promoters and landowners on land promotion agreements.
New Homes Quality Board (NHQB) Code of Practice
The NHQB is an independent body established in February 2021 for the purposes of developing a framework to oversee reforms in the build quality of new homes and the customer… Read more →
Good news for developers? Court of Appeal Upholds High Court Ruling on the Registration of Town and Village Greens
Introduction In Wiltshire Council v Cooper Estates Strategic Land Ltd  EWCA Civ 840), the Court of Appeal have upheld a High Court ruling which deemed a local authority’s decision… Read more →
Making the Most of your Property Assets: Promotion Agreements for landowners
Whatever the causes of and solutions to Britain’s ongoing housing crisis, it is a truth fairly universally acknowledged that we need to build more homes. For those with land to… Read more →
Overage – the devil is in the detail
What is overage? Overage is the term used to describe a situation, in the context of a property transaction, where the seller may be entitled to receive additional consideration from… Read more →
Making London Affordable
Hot on the heels of issuing new planning policy guidance for affordable housing in London the Mayor refused a revised application on 5 September relating to the New Scotland Yard… Read more →
Senior partner Kim Lalli focuses on the healthcare and residential sub-sectors, and in one highlight, is acting for CALA Management on the acquisition and redevelopment of an industrial site at Imber Court, Surrey
— Legal 500, 2017