Trade Mark & Design
Your brand and intellectual property is at the core of your business, and at the heart of our practice.
Our clients choose us as their trusted advisors due to our in-depth knowledge, expertise and understanding of trade marks and designs.
As one of a handful of UK law firms with an international trade mark and design practice, we can provide cost effective IP protection as part of our ‘one stop shop’ for UK and overseas clients.
Our team understands the importance of getting it right at the beginning and can work with you from creation, filing and clearance, through to protection and enforcement. We have considerable expertise in handling contentious and non-contentious work relating to intellectual property, as well as related information technology, commercial, media, data protection and competition law matters. In addition to the core trade mark and design function of the practice, we are specialists in copyright protection, company name disputes and domain name issues. This allows us to offer a genuinely commercial and holistic approach to intellectual property protection.
We also understand that quick, clear and quality advice is vital. This is something we are proud to offer as standard, giving clients exactly what they need in the timescales they need it.
As IP strategy experts, we offer a fresh perspective of existing trade mark and design portfolios to find new way to maximise your IP, be that through consolidation and/or growth. IP is an asset, but only if managed correctly. Our extensive knowledge can help you do so and ensure your protection remains relevant.
We work with all types of client, big or small, start-ups or global corporations, in a wide reaching variety of industries.
Do get in touch for more details about how Wedlake Bell can assist you with your IP protection from start to finish – we are the support you and your brand needs.
- Trade mark and design portfolio management.
- Bringing and defending trade mark opposition proceedings before both the UK and European Union Intellectual Property Offices.
- Advising leading accommodation and housing company in relation to the settlement of various EU oppositions, including settlement agreement and acquisition of conflicting trade marks.
- Successfully represented a cosmetic company in various customs and counterfeiting matters throughout the UK and EU.
- Successfully represented a leading financial investment company at ICANN in respect of several domain name disputes.
- Bringing claims for trade mark infringement and passing off against online-based financial services company.
- Defending retailer against registered and unregistered design infringement claims.
- Successfully obtaining the transfer of various domain names via UDRP and Nominet complaints.