Data protection is at the heart of our growing technology practice. We have a team of dedicated data protection specialists supported by our data protection enthusiasts. Our service offering includes specialist advice, transactional support and ongoing retainers.
We are practical, quality-focused and experienced lawyers able to provide ‘plug and play’ advice on data protection issues in the private and public sector.
Data protection is all about risk-based approaches, balanced assessments and communications tailored to audiences. We pride ourselves on our expertise in legitimate interest assessments and data privacy impact assessments relating to novel data processing. Our passion for technology coupled with exposure to dealing with multi-sectoral regulatory requirements has helped us develop expertise in answering more complex data protection questions.
Our data protection team advises on:
- General GDPR compliance
- Policies and procedures
- Data sharing
- Data in technology deals and cloud solutions
- Data in new technologies including AI, ML, facial recognition, predictive analytics
- Due diligence on data-heavy corporate transactions
- Regulatory action
- Data transfer impact assessments and cross-border data transfer solutions
- Supply chain risk analysis and drafting bespoke agreements
- Cyber and information security
- Data breach response and notifications
- Data subject rights
- Claims for compensation
Thanks to our multi-sectoral client base across the firm, we benefit from strong industry awareness.
Our international referral network, TELFA, enables us to promptly assist with questions about local law and practice in other jurisdictions.
Now that general GDPR compliance projects near completion across sectors, we focus on the fast evolving technical application of data protection rules in industry-specific scenarios in a pragmatic way.
With awareness of regulatory trends and first-hand experience of regulatory practice, we confidently advise on difficult questions where the law is trying to catch up with technology.
Nevertheless, despite our ambitions in thought leadership, our main focus remains client satisfaction.
Data protection does concern every sector, one way or another, and we have worked with most industries.
Our recent experience includes working with sectors such as social media, adtech, insuretech, trading/brokerage, education, self-regulation, IT, cloud, sport, hospitality, transport, third sector, trading, luxury brands, property management and private client.
Benefits of working with us
- Expertise in all matters of data protection.
- External DPO service.
- Data protection training solutions.
- Full-service support.
- Event participation and industry connections.
- Meaningful know-how updates and regular data protection podcast.