Venture Capital and Private Equity
With a proactive, commercially focused, no-nonsense approach our Corporate team can advise on:
- start-up and early-stage investments;
- structuring and promoting the investment;
- growth and development capital;
- MBOs, MBIs, IBOs, BIMBOs and LBOs;
- secondary buy-outs;
- public to private transactions;
- fund management and regulatory issues; and
Our clients include management teams, private equity firms, entrepreneurs seeking funding, venture capitalists, investors, independent fund managers and debt providers. In combination with our Private Client team, we also work closely with family offices, high net worth individuals and business entrepreneurs on investment opportunities.
We are supported in delivering private equity transactions by our Finance and Corporate Tax experts – who have experience of advising on all aspects of debt finance and tax related matters relevant to private equity transactions – as well as our other specialist teams including Employment, Pensions and Employee Benefits, Intellectual Property, Real Estate, Commercial, Competition and Financial Services. We also help clients to explore the opportunities that arise from either funding or being funded by private loans (or similar arrangements) in substitution for conventional senior bank debt.
Whatever the situation, our Venture Capital and Private Equity team can help – from fund formation to investment and exit.
- We advised the shareholders and management team of Honest Burgers in respect of the investment by Active Private Equity, including brokering the deal.