T: +44 (0)20 7395 3040
Nigel is a corporate lawyer and advises private equity funds listed and unlisted UK companies, overseas corporations and multinationals in a variety of sectors from financial services, insurance and technology through to the transport and logistics sector, with a particular focus on rail. He also advises clients in the trade and commodities sectors.
His practice spans the full range of domestic and cross-border transactions from private equity, mergers and acquisitions, corporate structuring and joint ventures through to fund raisings. To complement his corporate work, he also has a great deal of experience in rail projects, including privatisation, concessions, pit to port projects and UK rail franchising.
Nigel is recognised for his experience by the legal directories who describe him as ‘very accessible, flexible and knowledgeable’.
- Advised Global Risk Partners Group on the acquisition of U-Sure Insurance Services Limited
- Advised Global Risk Partners Group on Global Risk Partner’s Northern Irish retail broking hub, Abbey Bond Lovis to acquire a majority share in Disney Grant Ltd.
- Advised Global Risk Partners Group on the acquisition of a majority shareholding in DCJ Group Insurance and Risk Management
- Global Risk Partners, the private equity backed insurance intermediary, on its investment programme in UK insurance companies, including the acquisitions of County Group, Cavendish Munro Professional Risks, Camberford Law, Lonmar Global Risks, Alan & Thomas Insurance Group, Green Insurance Group, Marshall Wooldridge, Higos Insurance Services, Abbey Bond Lovis and Ropner Insurance Services
- Recently advised Global Risk Partners on its acquisition of Trimulgherry Investments Ltd.
- Englehart Commodities Partners on the establishment of its global commodities business
- GTT Communications Inc., a global telecommunications carrier and network integrator, on its cross border acquisition of PacketExchange (a British multinational network services provider), including significant network assets in North America, Europe and Asia
- Arriva on multiple franchise bids, including Northern Rail, South Western, East Midlands, Wales and Borders and InterCity East Coast
- Deutsche Bahn on the acquisition of Chiltern Railways and a portfolio of rail related joint venture interests including the London Overground.
Nigel joined Wedlake Bell in May 2018. Prior to this he was a partner in the Corporate Group of Watson Farley & Williams between November 2015 and April 2018 and a partner in the Corporate Group of Clyde & Co between October 2010 and October 2015.
He trained at FieldFisher, qualifying into the Corporate Group in November 1993 where he was an associate until 2001 and a partner until 2010.
Nigel has a degree in Law from The University of Southampton.
Nigel is recognised in the legal directories as “very accessible, flexible and knowledgeable”.
In his spare time Nigel enjoys coaching youth Rugby at the Bank of England RFC.
"M&A offering has been significantly strengthened through multiple hires, including Martin Thomas and Nigel Taylor"
— Legal 500, UK 2020
Wedlake Bell advises Global Risk Partners on its acquisition of Trimulgherry Investments Ltd
Private Equity Wire has published the announcement that Wedlake Bell has advised Global Risk Partners Group
Wedlake Bell, Nigel Taylor and the Corporate team mentioned in Private Equity Wire