T: +44 (0)20 7395 3040
Nigel is a corporate lawyer and advises private equity funds listed and unlisted UK companies, overseas corporations and multinationals in a variety of sectors from financial services, insurance and logistics through to the technology sector. He also advises clients in the transportation, trade and commodities sectors.
His practice spans the full range of domestic and cross-border transactions from, mergers and acquisitions, private equity, corporate structuring and joint ventures through to fund raisings.
Nigel is recognised for his experience by the legal directories who describe him as “an experienced hand on private equity backed transactions” and ‘very accessible, flexible and knowledgeable’ .
- Urban Logistics REIT plc, the UK based and AIM listed industrial and logistics properties investor, on its £47.2 million acquisition of seven regional warehouse properties through the purchase of a Jersey Property Unit Trust from funds controlled by Legal & General Investment Management.
- Private equity backed Global Risk Partners, one of the UK’s top independent insurance intermediaries, on its investment programme in insurance broking companies, including the acquisitions of RIB Group, Gauntlet, 3XD, Trimulgherry Investments, U-Sure, DCJ Group, Digney Grant, County Group, Cavendish Munro, Camberford Law, Lonmar Global Risks, Alan & Thomas Insurance Group, Green Insurance Group, Marshall Wooldridge, Higos Insurance Services, Abbey Bond Lovis and Ropner Insurance Services.
- Englehart Commodities Partners on the establishment of its global commodities business.
- GTT Communications Inc., a global telecommunications carrier and network integrator, on its cross border acquisition of PacketExchange (a British multinational network services provider), including significant network assets in North America, Europe and Asia.
- Deutsche Bahn on the Doha metro project and the acquisition of Chiltern Railways and a portfolio of rail related joint venture interests including the London Overground.
- Arriva on M&A and multiple train franchise bids, including Northern Rail, South Western, East Midlands, Wales and Borders and InterCity East Coast.
Nigel joined Wedlake Bell in May 2018. Prior to this he was a partner in the Corporate Group of Watson Farley & Williams between November 2015 and April 2018 and a partner in the Corporate Group of Clyde & Co between October 2010 and October 2015.
He trained at FieldFisher, qualifying into the Corporate Group in November 1993 where he was an associate until 2001 and a partner until 2010.
Nigel has a degree in Law from The University of Southampton and completed his Law Society Finals at the College of Law in York.
Nigel is recognised in the legal directories as “an experienced hand on private equity backed transactions” and ‘very accessible, flexible and knowledgeable’.
In his spare time Nigel enjoys coaching youth Rugby at Barnes RFC and previously the Bank of England RFC.
"M&A offering has been significantly strengthened through multiple hires, including Martin Thomas and Nigel Taylor. "
— Legal 500, UK 2020
"M&A: SMALLER DEALS, UP TO £50M TIER 1. Wedlake Bell LLP's practice focuses on the firm's key sectors, which include energy, financial services, insurance, healthcare, hospitality, fintech and corporate real estate. The team has also developed a private wealth M&A offering and has advised family offices and private wealth funds on their acquisition targets. "
— Legal 500, UK 2021
Wedlake Bell advises Global Risk Partners on the acquisition of Insync Insurance Solitons Ltd
Wedlake Bell Advises Urban Logistics REIT plc on its £47.2 Million Acquisition of the “Crown Portfolio”
Wedlake Bell advises Global Risk Partners on its acquisition of Trimulgherry Investments Ltd
Private Equity Wire has published the announcement that Wedlake Bell has advised Global Risk Partners Group
Wedlake Bell, Nigel Taylor and the Corporate team mentioned in Private Equity Wire