Head of Corporate
T: +44 (0)20 7395 3070
Adam is a partner and head of our corporate practice. He has a broad range of experience and expertise advising on all aspects of corporate law, with a focus on domestic and cross-border M&A and corporate finance (including venture capital and private equity deals).
Adam advises a variety of clients, including public companies listed on the London Stock Exchange’s main and AIM markets, private companies, partnerships, and entrepreneurs. His practice spans a number of industry sectors including hospitality and leisure, technology, corporate real estate, healthcare and financial services.
- Acting for Cosworth Group Holdings Limited, the global technology business delivering propulsion, electronics and software solutions for the automotive, aerospace and marine sectors, on the purchase of Delta Motorsports, which specialities in the development of battery systems.
- Advising on the sale of a global restaurant group with restaurants in the UK, US, UAE and Hong Kong for US$72 million.
- Acting for the owners of global restaurant brands on the sale of an equity interest for $160M and subsequent joint venture.
- Acting on the purchase of a Jersey company investing in entities that buy, develop and hold institutional grade logistics properties in the UK from a South Africa-based company listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
- Advising on the purchase of a company owning Beetham Tower, a 47 story tower block in Manchester and home to Hilton Manchester Deansgate and 219 apartments, from Ground Rents Income Fund plc.
- Advising on the sale of a company owning property in central London with planning permission to demolish and replace the existing building with a 23 storey development comprising approximately 5,000 sqm of co-working space and a 210-room hotel.
Adam joined Wedlake Bell as a partner in 2017 and became head of the corporate team in January 2020.
Adam has a degree in Law from The University of Manchester.
Prior to joining Wedlake Bell, Adam trained at the London office of Maclay Murray & Spens LLP, where he qualified into the corporate team in 2008 and worked until 2017.
Adam is recognised as a “Leading Individual” by The Legal 500 for M&A for 2023. Prior to this Adam was recognised by the Legal 500 as a “Next Generation Partner”.
During the time in which Adam has been the head of corporate, the team has been consistently recognised as Tier 1 for M&A smaller deals up to £50m by The Legal 500 (2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023).
In his spare time Adam enjoys cooking (in particular BBQ), brewing beer, skiing, football, watching rugby, and travel (especially if it involves any of the above).