Kam’s practice focuses on advising issuers, nomads and brokers on initial and secondary fundraisings, private placings and capital markets work as well as domestic and international M&A, private equity, joint venture and corporate finance transactions.
- Advised Diversified Gas & Oil plc on an acquisition for an agreed consideration of $575 million satisfied in cash at completion using gross proceeds of (i) a $250 million placing of new shares on AIM and (ii) a new revolving debt facility of up to $1 billion. This was the largest acquisition by an oil and gas company in the history of the AIM Market.
- Acted for an AIM broker in connection with a £30m secondary placing.
- Advised a number of companies in relation to the issue of debt securities on European exchanges.
- Acted for a leading London golf club in connection with loan note offers to its members in order for it to acquire its freehold from the Crown.
- Acted for the selling shareholders of a business telecoms and imaging technology company.
- Advised a leading commercial property company with a portfolio of over £250m in connection with its acquisitions and restructurings.
- Acted for TriSpan in connection with its secondary buyout of a significant majority stake in the Vietnamese restaurant group, Pho.
- Acted for Borders & Southern Petroleum plc on an open offer to raise US$1.8 million.
- Advised Manocap Energy on a €3million facility provided by Eiffel Investment to fund solar projects in Ghana and Sierra Leone.
Kam graduated from Leeds University in Law and continued her legal studies at the College of Law, London. She went on to qualify as a solicitor in 2007 with the US law firm Faegre & Benson before moving on to McCarthy Tétrault and then Bates Wells & Braithwaite. Kam joined Wedlake Bell as an Associate in the Corporate team in 2015.
She is admitted to practice in the state of New York.