Quarterly In Advance is published by Wedlake Bell’s Real Estate Team for our clients and contacts in the property world.
Please click here to read the digital flipbook of the full issue, or click the image below.
- Dear Gemma – our resident agony aunt considers the meaning of an all-reasonable endeavours clause.
- Welcome back – our newest joiners are returning home.
- 30 year limitation period introduced into building safety bill – Matthew Pexton takes us through an amendment to the Building Safety Bill which could extend the limitation period for claims to up to 30 years.
- Bricks, Mortar and Data – Alexander Dittel and Emily Morgan explore data as an asset in the context of real estate transactions.
- Dilaps, don’t sweat it: a guide for landlords – Rebecca Stephen explains what happens at the end of a lease in terms of the repairing covenants.
- Levelling Up – Alex Beech summaries the Government’s White Paper “Levelling Up the UK” for house builders.
- Leasehold Reform (Ground Rent) Act 2022 – Gemma Mallett tells us the latest.
- Annexing the benefit – why Bath Rugby’s first win of the season is good news for developers – Philip Matthews analyses a recent case.
- Assignment – how uncooperative can a landlord be? – Matilda Jacobs’ guide on the implications of a recent case.
- Are all guardians angels? – Gemma Cook highlights some things to consider when using property guardians in empty properties.
- Partner Promotions – some good news following promotions within our team.