Suzanne specialises in advising commercial property occupiers and investors, particularly office, retail and telecommunications premises.
Her expertise includes advice to high net worth individuals on investment in and disposal of properties in the UK, both residential and commercial. She represents business occupiers on new premises and the structuring of existing property portfolios, and acts for occupiers and investors in the acquisition, management and disposal of properties. Suzanne also advises developers on complex site acquisitions.
She is a co-founder of the Tomorrow’s City, Today’s Challenge campaign with Helen Garthwaite.
- Representing a fund advised by Fenton Whelan in the acquisition, financing and development of commercial premises for conversion to ultra-prime residential in Mayfair.
- Working with Oxford Sciences Innovation plc on their own offices and co-working centre, as well as the acquisition and development of premises for laboratory space for their spin-out companies.
- Acting for a NASDAQ listed telecommunications company on the acquisition of premises for a data centre.
- Representing an owner-managed business on the development of premises in Kent for industrial, retail, residential and sui generis uses, and the subsequent disposal by sales and lettings.
- Advising a family trust on their investment of UK office premises, and the subsequent letting strategy.
- Acting on the development of Suffolk Park, Bury St Edmunds, for the promoter and land owner.
- Acting for a global investment banking firm on their new London office lease; negotiating bespoke variations from the headlease and occupier-specific fitting out rights balancing our clients’ service delivery needs and the freeholder’s sustainability aspirations.
- Representing a consulting and software development company in its portfolio of offices throughout the UK – acquisition, disposal, dilapidations and assignment.
Suzanne joined Wedlake Bell in 2013 from Pinsent Masons. She qualified as a solicitor in 1994. Prior to that, she obtained a degree in Economics and Management Studies from the University of Cambridge, as well as the CPE and Law Society Finals from the College of Law in York.
Suzanne writes the Commercial Property legal update for the Law Society Gazette, and is a frequent contributor to Estates Gazette and Property Week.
She contributed to the British Council for Officer “Guide to Specification Best Practice for Officer” 2019.