- Chloe works on a broad range of commercial property matters, including all aspects of landlord and tenant work, sales and purchases, real estate finance, development, major project delivery and urban regeneration.
- She has a wealth of experience in dealing with the property aspects of corporate acquisitions, financings and private finance initiatives.
- Advising developers on land acquisition and development agreements on a variety of transactions, structured as options, conditional sales and agreements for lease.
- Acting for landlords and tenants on all aspects of their property portfolios (commercial, retail, healthcare and industrial property), including sales and acquisitions, restructuring, development projects, leases and management licences.
- Advising investors and lenders on the financing and refinancing of their property portfolios.
Chloe has recently rejoined Wedlake Bell LLP, having worked at the firm from 2013 to 2018. Chloe has also worked in the Real Estate departments of Allen & Overy LLP in London and Clayton Utz in Sydney, Australia. Chloe qualified as a Solicitor in 2005 after completing a two year training contract at Allen & Overy LLP in London.
Matthew advises on a wide range of construction and engineering projects in a variety of sectors (both private and public). He advises clients throughout the lifecycle of projects from drafting and negotiating contractual documentation at the outset to advising on issues arising during the project, including distress and insolvency scenarios. Matthew is familiar with most standard form construction contracts including JCT, NEC, MF/1, FIDIC and IChemE and he regularly advises on amendments to such forms as well advising on bespoke documentation.
Matthew acts for developers, end-users, funders, investors as well as specialist contractors and consultants.
- Acting for a Chinese developer and EPC Contractor in the formation of a consortium and the drafting and negotiation of related bespoke (FIDIC-based) contractual documentation to construct Chile’s biggest transmission project to transport energy across 1,500km.
- Acting for a heritage site to renovate and refurbish an ancient Castle and associated buildings in the North East of England.
- Advising a UK Government Agency on the circa £1bn upgrade and fit out of a safe processing and storage facility for nuclear waste based on NEC ECC conditions.
- Acting for a Channel Island Government on the construction of a new sewage treatment works development and advising on ongoing issues including insolvency-related matters.
Matthew started working at Wedlake Bell in 2011 and qualified into the Construction team in 2014 where he worked until November 2018. He rejoined the firm in January 2022.