International labour law
In addition to mainstream UK employment law we have established iGlobal Law, a specialist subsidiary advising global companies on international labour and compliance law issues.
iGlobal provides a single contact point service covering over 70 jurisdictions worldwide.
It’s experience and knowledge of the world’s labour and compliance laws means it is able to answer legal questions quickly and cost effectively, bringing in and managing leading local expertise where required.
It offers seamless, responsive and commercially aware guidance to global, regional and local HR and in-house legal teams on a 24 hour basis. The advice and service delivery is therefore consistent and aligned across multiple countries.
Most of iGlobal’s clients are listed global businesses, many headquartered in the US. Their sectors include business services, software, telecommunications, pharmaceuticals, natural resources and leisure.
Examples of iGlobal’s current or recent work include:
- Operating an EMEA advice hotline for a global business services group.
- Carrying out an employment contract harmonisation project across 17 jurisdictions for a global software group.
- Advising on the best hiring structures and the related documentation in 15 jurisdictions for a leading UK university.
- Advising on numerous cross border reductions in force programmes involving countries in every part of the world.
- Data privacy, whistleblowing and anti-bribery advice across the EU.
Employment status update
2017 has seen a surge in cases being brought by individuals working in the “gig economy” claiming that they are workers and not self-employed. In March, we reported on the… Read more →