T: +44 (0)20 7674 0510
William advises on all aspects of employment, executive and LLP law.
He has a particular focus on advice at the executive level of organisations and is noted for handling the more sensitive, complex, high profile or newsworthy issues.
His clients encompass organisations, leaders, senior executives, boards, committees, teams, shareholders and investors – both within the UK and internationally. William operates across a breadth of sectors, including financial services, media, marketing, leisure and private wealth.
William’s expertise includes: leadership support, crisis communications, whistleblowing, discrimination, unfair prejudice, team moves, investigations, boardroom disputes, incentives, relationship and change management problem solving and every kind of dispute resolution.
William is often referred for his understanding of reputation protection, values, teamwork and the people aspects of transactions and governance.
- Successful injunction for a global marketing group against rogue director diverting proprietary information.
- Seven figure settlement of executive stress and whistleblowing claim for leader of listed multinational who suffered a career ending breakdown arising from attempts to stand up to alleged false accounting practices.
- Advised asset manager on reputation protection and crisis communications over regulatory investigations, team moves, harassment and whistleblowing.
- 8 figure settlement for hedge fund manager in private equity fund via LP/LLP on dispute over carried interest, investor manipulation and sensitive whistleblowing.
- Cross border combined court/tribunal settlement for founding owner of consulting business of shareholder/executive dispute with co investors
He joined the firm in September 2019 to help spearhead the team. He qualified 1992 in a West End firm, founded the employment group within 3 years, became partner soon afterwards and then swiftly on to head of the division and board member. Through 2 mergers in 2009 and 2014 he remained a senior partner at Charles Russell Speechlys advising in the senior management, employment and LLP fields.
A member of the Employment Lawyers Association, Industrial Law Society, Managing Partners Forum and Association of Partnership Practitioners, William regularly writes, speaks and trains on topical issues.
Legal 500, 2021:
‘Genius at finding workable solutions for clients’
‘William and his team never fail to impress. He is in a class of his own.’
“His approach to client care is particularly impressive.’
“William has amazing ability in the most complex of scenarios.’
Legal 500, 2020:
“Attracting clients at the highest level”;
“Highly enthusiastic and commands client confidence”;
“Standing out for work for senior individuals”;
“Sensible and commercial”;
”Excellent with clients”
"William Granger is an outstanding lawyer. Not only does he have a superb grasp of the law and the most recent cases, but he is also a brilliant tactician and a genius at finding workable solutions for clients. I am always glad he is acting for me and not against me in any case. His approach to client care is particularly impressive. William also has the amazing ability to recall all the facts even in the most complex of scenarios"
— Legal 500, 2021
"William Granger and his team never fail to impress me. He is in a class of his own. Simply outstanding."
— Legal 500, 2021