T: +44 (0)20 7674 0510
William advises on all aspects of employment, executive and LLP law.
He has a particular focus on advice at the executive level of organisations and is noted for handling the more sensitive, complex, high profile or newsworthy issues.
His clients encompass organisations, leaders, senior executives, boards, committees, teams, shareholders and investors – both within the UK and internationally. William operates across a breadth of sectors, including financial services, media, marketing, leisure and private wealth.
William’s expertise includes: leadership support, crisis communications, whistleblowing, discrimination, unfair prejudice, team moves, investigations, boardroom disputes, incentives, relationship and change management problem solving and every kind of dispute resolution.
William is often referred for his understanding of reputation protection, values, teamwork and the people aspects of transactions and governance.
- Successful injunction for a global marketing group against rogue director diverting proprietary information.
- Seven figure settlement of executive stress and whistleblowing claim for leader of listed multinational who suffered a career ending breakdown arising from attempts to stand up to alleged false accounting practices.
- Advised asset manager on reputation protection and crisis communications over regulatory investigations, team moves, harassment and whistleblowing.
- 8 figure settlement for hedge fund manager in private equity fund via LP/LLP on dispute over carried interest, investor manipulation and sensitive whistleblowing.
- Cross border combined court/tribunal settlement for founding owner of consulting business of shareholder/executive dispute with co investors
He joined the firm in September 2019 to help spearhead the team. He qualified 1992 in a West End firm, founded the employment group within 3 years, became partner soon afterwards and then swiftly on to head of the division and board member. Through 2 mergers in 2009 and 2014 he remained a senior partner at Charles Russell Speechlys advising in the senior management, employment and LLP fields.
A member of the Employment Lawyers Association, Industrial Law Society, Managing Partners Forum and Association of Partnership Practitioners, William regularly writes, speaks and trains on topical issues.
“Attracting clients at the highest level”;
“Highly enthusiastic and commands client confidence”;
“Standing out for work for senior individuals”;
“Sensible and commercial”;
”Excellent with clients”