Partner – Head of Employment
T: +44 (0)20 7395 3180
Adam has considerable experience working in partnership with employer businesses especially with HR teams, to help with the effective day-to-day management of staff. This means understanding their business – delivering clear, concise and practical solutions and working to achieve commercial aims.
His practice covers the full range of employment law including advising on strategic management issues such as business reorganisations and variations to terms of employment; transactional work in particular TUPE and outsourcing; and dispute resolution starting from managing grievances all the way through to defending claims in the Employment Tribunal and High Court. Adam’s main expertise lies in the areas of commercial projects, outsourcing and the hospitality sector.
Adam also acts for senior executives and high net worth individuals. His focus is on helping them enter and exit the employment relationship in the most efficient and financially beneficial manner, including protecting bonuses and advising on the impact of post-employment restrictions.
- Contractual variations – Advising a 5 star hotel chain on a programme to vary working hours and shift patterns.
- Documentation – Drafting new employment documentation for a major charity.
- Protecting your business – Representing a recruitment business in protecting its client base and preventing a team move brought about by former employees joining a competitor.
- Remuneration structures – Guiding a national business through significant changes to long standing commission and bonus arrangements for its senior management team.
- TUPE/Outsourcing – Advising a global bank on the restructuring of its contractor arrangements as well as the associated TUPE risks.
- Senior Executives – Representing a Chief Executive in respect of claims for whistleblowing, unfair dismissal and breach of contract.
Adam trained with Wedlake Bell before qualifying into the Employment team in 2004. He was appointed as the Head of Employment in 2015 and is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association.
Adam has co-authored Boardroom Employment Law: From Recruitment to Dismissal (ICSA Publishing) and is a regular commentator in the national press and HR publications on employment law matters. Adam also provides clients with bespoke employment law training.
"The department is led by Adam Grant, who advises on business reorganisations, outsourcing and transactional issues, as well as litigation before the Employment Tribunal and the High Court. "
— Legal 500, 2017