IP & Commercial
T: +44 (0)20 7395 3008
Adam is a Partner who specialises in non-contentious commercial, IP, IT and data protection matters.
Adam advises on general commercial law & contracts; the protection & exploitation of IP rights; software (including app) development, integration, licensing and support & maintenance; technology & business-process outsourcing; online-business; consumer law; and data protection & security.
Adam advises a broad range of clients of varying shapes and sizes including those operating in the tech; hotel & restaurant; drinks (spirits & beers); retail; sports; design; financial services; property & construction; and healthcare industries (amongst others). He enjoys advising start-up, early-stage and fast-growing businesses.
Adam has experience advising on complex technology outsourcing projects (system development, testing, integration, support & maintenance and business continuity) including for clients in regulated industries.
He has spent time on secondment to the Intellectual Property and Commercial team of a global events and publishing business and a premium drinks business.
- Design/branding: Advised a market leading design consultancy in relation to projects including those in the fashion, food and beverage, automotive and hospitality industries.
- Tech: Instructed by a global provider of intelligent cloud software in commodities sourcing & trading for the marine industries. Advised clients in relation to the development, launch and operation of a niche B2B marketplace platform, a consumer marketplace platform, an online auction site and a peer-to-peer transaction-netting platform.
- Fast Moving Consumer Goods: Advised a premium food products brand in relation to its international distribution and supply arrangements.
- Tech/engineering/sports: Advised a leading automotive engineering business in relation to its agreements with a motorsport governing body for the bespoke design and manufacture of components for use in a worldwide motorsport championship.
- Tech/outsourcing/Financial Services: Advised a wealth management client in a technology and business process outsourcing project involving back and mid-office functions (working with Wedlake Bell’s financial services regulatory team).
- Sports: Advised a national sports governing body on a venue and staging agreement for an international championship series. Advised on the online sale and disposal of memorabilia and assets made available by a English Premier League football team.
- Digital/video-gaming/sports/branding: Advised on digital marketing and sponsorship arrangements in respect of a videogame and digital comic book series featuring a sports-personality endorsement.
- Media and endorsements: Advised on sports personality agreements including sponsorship and ‘brand ambassador’ arrangements; video game endorsements; and clothing and apparel lines.
- Tech/outsourcing/Financial Services: Instructed by the corporate services, legal and IT systems teams for Europe, the Middle East and Africa of a global bank in relation to a variety of matters on both a retainer and project-specific basis, including in relation to IT infrastructure and service procurement; data security & privacy; telecoms; and outsourcing.
Adam graduated from King’s College London with a degree in Chemistry. He studied for the Postgraduate Diploma in Law (PgDL) and Legal Practice Course (LPC) at BPP Law School. Before commencing his legal career, Adam worked in the science, publishing and financial services industries.
Adam trained with Wedlake Bell and qualified as a solicitor in September 2008. Adam took a year-off to travel in 2017/2018 and subsequently returned to the firm.
Adam is a member of the firm’s Trainee Solicitors Committee (and is a Trainee Solicitor Supervisor). He is a member of the firm’s Social Mobility Network (part of the Diversity & Inclusion Committee).