This page contains the regulatory information required in accordance with the SRA's Transparency Rules, but our legal relationship will be governed by the terms of business that are agreed between the firm and the client.
Debt recovery: Range of fixed fees
These costs apply where your claim is in relation to an unpaid invoice which is not disputed and enforcement action is not needed. If the other party disputes your claim at any point, we will discuss any further work required and provide you with revised advice about costs if necessary, which could be on a fixed fee (e.g. if a one off letter is required), or an hourly rate if more extensive work is needed.
|Debt Value||Court Fee||Online Claim Fee||Our fee (incl. VAT)||Total including VAT||Total excluding VAT|
|Up to £300||£35||£25||Minimum fee of £2000 plus the fees||£2060||£1647|
|£300.01 - £500||£50||£35||Minimum fee of £2000 plus the fees||£2085||£1668|
|£500.01 - £1,000||£70||£60||Minimum fee of £2000 plus the fees||£2130||£1707|
|£1,000.01 - £1,500||£80||£70||Minimum fee of £2000 plus the fees||£2150||£1720|
|£1,500.01 - £3,000||£115||£105||Minimum fee of £2000 plus the fees||£2220||£1776|
|£3,000.01 - £5,000||£205||£185||Minimum fee of £2000 plus the fees||£2390||£1912|
|£5,000.01 - £10,000||£455||£410||Minimum fee of £2000 plus the fees||£2865||£2290|
|£10,000.01 - £100,000||5% of the claim||4.5% of the claim||No fixed amount||TBA||TBA|
|£100,000.01 - £200,000||5% of the claim||You cannot make a clam online||No fixed amount||TBA||TBA|
|More than £200,000||£10,000||You cannot make a clam online||No fixed amount||TBA||TBA|
Anyone wishing to proceed with a claim should note that:
- The VAT element of our fee cannot be reclaimed from your debtor.
- Interest and compensation may take the debt into a higher banding, with a higher cost.
- The costs quoted above are not for matters where enforcement action, such as the bailiff, is needed to collect your debt.
Our fee includes:
- Taking your instructions and reviewing documentation
- Undertaking appropriate searches
- Sending a letter before action
- Receiving payment and sending onto you, or if the debt is not paid, drafting and issuing claim
- Where no Acknowledgment of Service or Defence is received, applying to the court to enter Judgment in default
- When Judgment in default is received, write to the other side to request payment
- If payment is not received within X days, providing you with advice on next steps and likely costs
The length of time it takes from receipt of instructions from you to receipt of payment from the other side depends on whether or not it is necessary to issue a claim, whether it is successful and whether the debtor pays promptly on receipt of Judgement. If enforcement action is needed, the matter will take longer to resolve.
Please note: We do not carry out debt collection work other than for existing clients unless it is above £50,000. Following is our Hourly rates. Click here.