T: +44 (0)20 7395 3017
Nick is a commercial litigation specialist. He advises clients on: contractual disputes; breaking corporate deadlock; shareholder and partnership disputes; professional negligence in the legal and property sectors; product liability claims; data protection issues; professional and regulatory conduct; restrictive covenants; general human resource issues and commercial aspects of matrimonial litigation. His practice extends to representing off-shore and international corporations and professional bodies in both domestic and international jurisdictions.
In conjunction with his commercial litigation focus, Nick also has extensive experience in commercial and residential landlord and tenant matters and all aspects of management of commercial property portfolios for investor, developer and occupier clients. He has litigated service charge disputes, dilapidations claims, boundary disputes, forfeiture proceedings, injunctive relief, tenant default and insolvency litigation.
- Complex and high value shareholder disputes, including advising on just and equitable winding up and unfair prejudice petitions and derivative actions.
- Advised on and recovered funds in deceit and commercial fraud claims.
- Successfully litigated exercise of tenant’s break clause and negotiated complex £4m commercial dilapidations claim for US telecommunications company.
- Represented the UK’s largest mutual insurance company in managing its substantial commercial property portfolio and commercial disputes.
- Advising on and litigating commercial disputes in retail, recruitment, insurance; hotel; hospitality and technology sectors.
- Resolving substantial product liability claims and managing product recall processes.
- Advising on cross border enforcement of judgments and international litigation procedure.
- All forms of ADR, particularly mediation and arbitration.
Nick studied English and German Law in Canterbury and Marburg. He trained and qualified at Prince Evans in 1998. From 2006 he was a senior solicitor in the dispute resolution team at niche commercial property City firm, Cannings Connolly, before moving to Wedlake Bell as a senior associate in the Commercial Litigation team in 2013. Nick is a member of the Property Litigation Association and was shortlisted for the Solicitors Journal litigation team of the year 2016 and 2017.
Update on enforcement measures and proposed changes on landlord action