QIA – Autumn 2020
22 / 09 / 2020
Welcome to the QIA Autumn 2020 edition.
- Dear Claire – I understood why my tenant couldn’t pay rent in March and June, but now my patience is running out. Can I use up the rent deposit?
- A sign of the times – put down that pen! Electronic signatures can now be used on commercial property documents. Claire Haynes sets out the new processes.
- Logistically speaking – David Roberts and Kathryn West share their experience of making the most of developing and investing in logistics premises.
- Death, Divorce and Taxes – HMRC think that your divorce is worth something to you and are ready to tax it. Conrad Adam and Oliver Embley guide you through the maze.
- The RICS Lease Code and Developers – What’s the impact of the code on a pre-let? Suzanne Gill and Malcolm Rogerson wonder if developers might have overlooked the new code.
- Stamp Duty Land Tax and residential property – If the SDLT holiday is the only holiday you’ll get this year, better make the most of it. Matthew Braithwaite and Andrew McIntyre analyse the complex range of tax rates.
- Gear Change for the Government and for Developers – Katie Willis considers the £2bn funding for cycling and walking and its impact on development. Time to put your best foot forward?