Partner - Head of Real Estate
T: +44 (0)20 7395 3107
Malcolm has worked as a solicitor in the City of London for over 30 years and has extensive experience in a broad range of commercial property work including the acquisition, development and management of office blocks, shopping centres, industrial estates, residential developments and pubs and hotels, acting for office retail industrial and pub occupiers, funding agreements, rent sharing agreements and joint venture agreements, VAT and capital allowances and lease advisory including lease renewals, rent review repair and service charge disputes.
He has particular expertise in handling development projects, large investment sales and the acquisition and disposal of pubs and hotels and the businesses run therein. Malcolm has acted for a wide range of clients from institutional investors and public property companies to private investors and developers and business occupiers.
- Acting for a central London developer in relation to the acquisition of a new development site in the City of London, the subsequent letting of the new building and sale to a foreign investor for £140m.
- Acting for a PLC brewer in relation to the acquisition of various portfolios of pubs and hotels ranging from £10m to £82m.
- Acting for a private investor in relation to a joint venture with a housebuilder regarding a mixed use development of a large site in outer London with a total investment value in excess of £200m.
- Acting for a Danish wealth fund in relation to the acquisition, development and letting of two large office blocks in central London value in excess of £100m.
- Acting for a global toymaker on their flagship store in the West End of London.
Before joining Wedlake Bell in 2007 Malcolm worked in the City with Rosling King. He holds an LLB BA (Hons) degree from Leicester University.
Malcolm is a member of the Investment Property Forum and the British Property Federation. He has spoken at public seminars on commercial property topics and also written articles for the Estates Gazette and other Real Estate publications.
Malcolm is a Trustee of the St Clement Danes Holborn Estate Charity. He is also Chairman of the Trustees of The National Youth Ballet of Great Britain.