Quarterly in advance is published by Wedlake Bell’s Real Estate Team for our clients and contacts in the property world.
- ‘Dear Claire’ – My landlord agreed in conversation to change the terms on which I occupy premises. Can I enforce that conversation?
- ‘Alert! New VAT charge for construction industry’– This probably affects you whether you realise or not. Michael Ridsdale explains what to do
- ‘The power of permitted development rights’– Jay Das reveals how they are being used to prevent leasehold enfranchisement
- ‘Can I protect my view?’– John Muncey responds with tactics which could be used to restrict nearby development
- ‘Assign of the times?’ – The assignment clause in a modern commercial lease. Michelle Powell takes you through what it should say and the implications
- ‘How to plan for a refund’ – Does agreeing to extend time with a planning authority cost more than you’d expected? Matthew Mainstone can make sure it doesn’t.