Click here to join.
The members of our Insolvency and Restructuring team are experienced litigators and together with the wider Disputes offering at the firm, provide a full range of Business Litigation services.
Much of the teams’s work involves resolving disputes to enable businesses to survive and flourish. These include shareholder and partnership disputes; the investigation and pursuit of civil fraud claims against directors, employees and third parties; international asset tracing; professional negligence claims (including against office holders); Company law claims such as minority shareholder petitions (Section 994 Petitions) and specialist applications in relation to the conduct and control of companies; contract disputes; challenges to share sale consideration; and directors’ disqualification proceedings.
To support this, the team has wide experience in search and seizure orders, freezing injunctions, proprietary injunctions and other options to gain competitive advantage in a litigious situation and prevent the dissipation of a defendant’s assets.
- Acting for purchasers of a sports business in obtaining a freezing injunction and subsequent proceedings in circumstances where the financial and contractual documentation supporting the acquisition was fabricated.
- Acting for minority shareholders in fiercely contested unfair prejudice proceedings.
- Advising a partner of a significant family partnership on exit routes and the successful resolution of a dispute that had been ongoing for many years.
- Advising shareholders on bringing an unusual application to court where the governance and official filings relating to shareholdings were found to be inaccurate.
- Advising a technology client on its rights in relation to the procurement by a third party to breach a service contract.
- Advising a fund on bringing fraud proceedings against former directors and third parties, and enforcement of a foreign judgment in the UK.
- Advising an employee on the structuring of a significant financial settlement following a bonus dispute.
- Obtaining summary judgment against a large financial institution for enforcement of a performance bond securing an oil/gas contract.