Insolvency & Restructuring
T: +44 (0)20 7395 3137
Edward conducts a variety of contentious and non-contentious insolvency matters and wider business critical litigation. He acts on behalf of lenders, liquidators, administrators, LPA receivers, trustees in bankruptcy, companies, purchasers of distressed assets, creditors and other stakeholders, and directors.
Edward regularly advises administrators and LPA receivers regarding their appointment and any subsequent sale of a business or assets. This includes advising on the obligations of the administrators including in relation to security, SIP 16 and ROT. Edward also acts for purchasers of distressed assets or companies.
He specialises on all aspects of claims brought by liquidators and trustees in bankruptcy including transactions at an under value, voidable preferences, wrongful and fraudulent trading, and breach of duty (including allegations of fraud and international asset tracing). He also has significant experience in civil fraud proceedings and investigations, including the use of freezing and other targeted injunctions.
Edward also acts as an independent Supervising Solicitor overseeing search (and seizure) orders obtained in civil proceedings.
- Advising an administrator in relation to his appointment and the subsequent sale of the business and assets of an invoice discounting platform.
- Acting for the purchaser of a chain of approximately 100 retail outlets and concessions from an administrator and, separately, the intellectual property of a live and on demand video website.
- Acting for administrators in relation to the sale of a significant plot of land and commencing injunctive relief proceedings to clear off any claims to an interest in the land.
- Advising liquidators of a leisure goods investment scheme with a creditor deficit of over £16M on claims against directors and third parties.
- Advising liquidators of a construction related company on the claims against directors and the former administrators.
- Acting for purchasers of a sports business in a freezing injunction and subsequent proceedings in circumstances where the financial and contractual documentation was fabricated.
- Advising a technology client on its rights in relation to the procurement by a third party to breach a service contract.
- Advising a fund on bringing fraud proceedings against former directors and third parties, and enforcement of a foreign judgment in the UK.
- Advising an employee on the structuring of a significant financial settlement following a bonus dispute.
- Defending directors against misfeasance and undervalue claims brought by an office holder.
- Bringing proceedings against third parties in relation to transactions void under S.127 Insolvency Act 1986.
- Advising pension trustees on complex issues concerning the structure of the employer and COMI.
Edward trained with Wedlake Bell and qualified in 2003 and became a Partner in 2010. He is a Member of the Association of Business Recoveries Professionals (R3) and POCLA.