Construction Dispute Resolution
The Wedlake Bell construction team offers a complete legal service through all stages of the project life cycle. We advise on procurement and construction documentation from project inception through to disputes when they arise during and after completion of a construction project. Whilst we place emphasis on early resolution though negotiation and settlement, where appropriate the team has experience of all aspects of formal dispute resolution proceedings covering adjudication, arbitration, litigation, expert determination and alternative dispute resolution. The team are experienced and adept at assisting clients to find solutions to their often complex problems.
- Advising a household name employer on a series of adjudications on final account claims relating to their new HQ building.
- Advising a contractor in defending winding up proceedings wrongfully instigated by a subcontractor.
- Advising a care home operator in a professional negligence claim against its contractor and designers.
- Advising a housing developer defending extension of time and loss and expense claims by its contractor.
- Advising a property investment company with significant defects in their completed building.
- Advising a prestigious hotel owner in relation to delays and defects claims against their contractor and contract administrator.
- Advising a heritage building owner on delay and defects claims against its contractor.
- Advising a high net worth private client in relation to a complex tripartite dispute between architect and building contractor relating to high end residential development involving issues as to extensions of time, loss and expense, defects and professional negligence.
- Advising a building owner in a claim in the Technology and Construction Court against contractor and parent company in relation to defects dispute at new build office park.
- Advising a student accommodation developer in relation to remediation of cladding issues in a student accommodation complex.
- Advising an international property developer in relation to adjudication with national contractor regarding construction issues at high end luxury residential development.
- Advising an international pipeline contractor in respect of ICC arbitration in relation to final account dispute.
- Advising a mechanical and electrical subcontractor in relation to final account dispute with main contractor.
- Advising an international commodity manufacturer in relation to performance issues with EPCM contractor under IChemE book.
- Advising a global architectural practice in relation to allegations of professional negligence in respect of project management issues.
- Advising an international wind turbine manufacturer in relation multi-million claim from employer in relation to defective blades on turbines at large wind farm.
- Advising a retail operator in relation to dispute with building contractor as to acoustic issues in new HQ.
- Advising a private airport in an adjudication brought by building contractor in relation to payment dispute.
Adjudicator’s jurisdiction – just how narrow is too narrow?
In the recent decision of Downs Road Development LLP v Laxmanbhai Construction (UK) Ltd  EWHC 2441 (TCC), the court considered whether there had been a breach of natural justice… Read more →