T: +44 (0)20 7395 3049
Matthew specialises in construction matters. He advises clients across a variety of sectors on both non-contentious and contentious matters, on developments relating to commercial and residential property. He advises clients at the outset of projects on procurement strategy and throughout the lifetime of their projects including drafting and negotiating full suites of construction documents (both standard and bespoke forms) and other development agreements.
Matthew also advises on contentious matters (adjudication and negotiation of disputes) and advises developers and end-users, contractors, consultants, funders and investors.
- Acting for healthcare provider on recent construction of two new hospitals and two other major developments, advising from procurement through to completion including dispute resolution.
- Acting for care home provider in the acquisition and £60m development of ten care homes and advising on the development funding and construction security document elements.
- Acting for a developer in the construction of a funded multi-storey bespoke office development in Hayes and advising on construction aspects and subsequent corporate sale of the site.
- Acting for a developer in the construction of a multi-million pound funded residential development of high specification residential property in Central London and advising and procuring construction security documents (collateral warranties and third party rights).
- Acting for an international developer on the redevelopment of a Central London office tower and assisting with advice on defects issues. Matthew has also assisted on the construction elements of the subsequent lettings to tenants at the same site.
- Acting for major retail client on negotiation and fit out of new flagship store in central London.
- Acting for the Responding Party in an adjudication relating to acceleration agreements and extensions of time awards.
Matthew qualified into the Construction Team as a Solicitor in 2014 having trained at the firm during which he spent 12 months in the team as a trainee.
Prior to working at the firm Matthew attended St. Andrews University where he studied Ancient History & Archaeology before going onto complete the GDL and LPC at the College of Law.