Head of Construction
T: +44 (0)20 7395 3168
Suzanne heads up the Construction team at Wedlake Bell and has been instrumental in its growth to a current team of 10 lawyers. The practice covers all issues relating to construction projects including contract drafting, advice throughout a project and resolving disputes with emphasis in doing so, where possible without recourse to formal proceedings. She has acted for most sectors of the industry and in recent years has acted principally for developers, private healthcare and care homes providers.
Suzanne has over 25 years’ experience in the construction industry involving a wide range of projects large and small, such as hospitals and care homes, residential, office and retail development, manufacturing plant, sports stadia and infrastructure.
- Acting for a national house builder on the development of a number of new-build sites including private and social housing units.
- Acting for a refurbishment contractor in relation to a substantial refurbishment contract in the South West.
- Acting for health care providers on various hospital projects and for a health care insurer in relation to a major hospital upgrade and refit.
- Acting for health care providers on various hospital projects.
- Acting for an international company on construction documentation for a new office building in central London and also advising on numerous issues arising during the construction period and at practical completion.
- Acting for a developer in relation to a mixed use development to revitalise the centre of a south coast town.
- Acting for developer on construction of an innovative office building in west London for a US cloud computing company.
- Acting for tenant on build and fit out of restaurant complex in Covent Garden.
- Acting for company on new HQ building in central London.
Suzanne qualified as a solicitor in 1979 and became a partner at Wedlake Bell in 1983. She has long featured as a leading construction lawyer in Legal Business’ Legal Experts, in Chambers UK Guide to the Legal Profession as a leader in construction and in the Legal 500. In recent years she has featured as a “Super Lawyer” in the magazine of that name distributed with the Daily Telegraph.
She sits on the Joint Contracts Tribunal (JCT) Drafting Sub-Committee and Council, is a committee member of the Technology and Construction Solicitor’s Association and a member of the Society of Construction Law. She sat on the Government payment review working party set up to review the payment provisions of the Construction Act. Suzanne is an accredited adjudicator and CEDR qualified mediator.
Suzanne has a degree in Law from The University of Exeter.
""She is a delight to work with, provides extremely reliable advice and is quick to respond,""
— Chambers UK, 2018
"Suzanne Reeves is "extremely pragmatic and a consummate expert in her field.""
— Chambers UK, 2017
"Suzanne Reeves shows ‘a preparedness to listen and respond with appropriate advice’."
— Legal 500, 2016
"Department head Suzanne Reeves has noteworthy expertise in a range of sectors including healthcare. One client says: "She knows contractors and knows what their reaction will be before we speak to them.""
— Chambers UK, 2016
"Suzanne Reeves is highlighted for being 'very commercial' and having 'good judgement.' Her practice covers both contentious and non-contentious issues, and she advises a range of developers, consultants and sponsors."
— Chambers UK, 2015
"Suzanne Reeves heads Wedlake Bell LLP’s ‘excellent’ practice, which acts for developers and specialist contractors, particularly in the retail and healthcare sectors."
— Legal 500, 2013
"Suzanne Reeves 'provides sound advice whatever the value or complexity of the issue.'"
— Legal 500, 2011
"Suzanne Reeves 'takes into account what is relevant to the business, and gives the most efficient response.'"
— Chambers UK, 2011