Rebecca advises domestic and international clients on a range of Private Client issues including estate planning, personal tax and succession matters, and trusts and other complex asset-holding structures.
She frequently advises international clients on their UK tax residency and domicile status, and tax and remittance planning in accordance with the same. This includes pre-arrival planning and planning for a departure from the UK.
Rebecca has experience of setting up, running and unwinding asset-holding structures and the associated UK tax compliance. She frequently advises non-UK resident trustees in respect of their UK tax exposure.
- Providing estate planning advice for testators with complex multi-jurisdictional estates, with a particular focus on UK/US planning. This includes drafting wills and lifetime trust planning.
- Advising clients on planning for a loss of mental capacity, including preparing Lasting Powers of Attorney.
- Providing UK tax planning advice to clients who are considering a move to the UK.
- UK tax planning for individuals or structures leaving the UK.
- Advising on structures for the ownership of prime UK real estate
Rebecca joined the Private Client team at Wedlake Bell in 2018. Rebecca trained as a solicitor at Bircham Dyson Bell LLP and spent a number of months working offshore on secondment to Collas Crill in Guernsey.
Rebecca is a full member of STEP (the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners), passing exams with distinction.
Rebecca read Geography at the University of St Andrews. She attained distinctions in the Graduate Diploma in Law and the Legal Practice Course.