T: +44 (0)20 7406 1687
Jeff has experience advising on a wide range of commercial property matters, including investment portfolio management for both domestic and overseas clients, freehold and leasehold acquisitions and disposals, receivership and distressed asset sales, and advising landlord and tenant clients in the office, retail, leisure and industrial sectors in London and the regions.
He has also acted for both individual and corporate lenders and borrowers on property financing and refinancing transactions for property development projects. He has experience working with investors, developers, institutional landlords and agents.
- Drafting and negotiating lettings of units in central London offices on behalf of an overseas investment landlord, including preparing replies to enquiries and management pack information; dealing with leasehold management transactions from licences to alter, assign and underlet, to rent review memorandums; advising on issues relating to security of tenure under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954.
- Advising an overseas developer client on obtaining vacant possession of central London offices for the purposes of carrying out major redevelopment works.
- Acting for a major lender providing finance in respect of redevelopment works; undertaking a detailed review of title and reporting on all relevant legal and commercial issues, including title defects and indemnity insurance; preparing, completing and perfecting fixed and floating security at the Land Registry and Companies House.
- Acting for a major high street retail chain on leasehold acquisitions and lease renewal negotiations; negotiating agreements for lease and lease surrenders; advising on the payment of Stamp Duty Land Tax and VAT taxable supplies.
- Advising an institutional investor on a proposed multi-million pound acquisition of a regional mixed residential and commercial use development site.
Jeff graduated from the University of Oxford in 2011 with a degree in English Language and Literature, before going on to complete his law conversion course at the University of Law in 2013. Jeff trained with Wedlake Bell, during which time he spent time in the firm’s Commercial Property, Private Client, Insolvency and Construction teams, before qualifying into Commercial Property in October 2015.