T: +44 (0)20 7395 3069
With over 10 years of experience in data protection, Alex supports clients with specialist advice on matters involving data in technology, transactions and disputes, as well as general data protection compliance and cyber security matters.
Alex offers a critical view on the proportionality of data processing in new technologies including AI and automated decision-making with a drive to finding appropriate solutions, expertise in mature legitimate interest assessments and adequate outcomes in Schrems 2 transfer impact assessments. He brings a measured approach to negotiating data protection aspects of transactions.
Alex supports clients from the technology sector, fintech, adtech, health, cloud, property, transport, social media and digital trading.
• Supported global technology and transport company in relation to a comprehensive data protection compliance programme before launch in the UK.
• Acted as external DPO for a fintech account information services provider.
• Advised adtech clients on critical matters including controller/processor status analyses, self-regulatory initiatives, regulatory code consultation and negotiated highly complex and evolving data processing agreements.
• Prepared dozens of standard terms for services, apps, client engagement terms and service agreements.
• Acted for SaaS provider in negotiating with various large clients.
• Assisted a mid-sized VDR service provider with the transformation from a dedicated single-tenant cloud to a public cloud infrastructure operated by a global cloud provider.
• Supported on sales and acquisitions of data-heavy SMEs.
• Defended against contentious access and information requests and data protection damages claims.