- International data transfers: The ICO’s call for an international solution to data transfers (link), G7 cooperation on data free flow (link), and US Congress paper on transatlantic data flows (link).
- Big Tech announced the Trusted Cloud Principles (link).
- EDPB opines on the draft Adequacy Decision for South Korea (link).
- Norwegian company is fined around £400,000 for non-compliant data transfers to China (link). Irish DPC investigating TikTok’s compliance of data transfers to China (link).
- EU Parliament’s research paper on EU health data centre and a common data strategy for public health (link).
- We Buy Any Car and Sports Direct are fined £270,000 for misapplying the soft opt-in rule (link).
- Cookies: G7 cooperation (link), EDPB’s cookie taskforce (link), and European Digital Rights association’s push for strong ePrivacy (link).
- EDPS opinion about the 2021 EU anti-money laundering package (link).
- Swiss report on the US CLOUD ACT (link).
- Opinion of Advocate Bobek in CJEU Case C‑175/20 SIA ‘SS’ v Valsts ieņēmumu dienests (link).
- The right to privacy in the digital age, a report of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (link).
- Navigating the global data privacy landscape: The 2020 Global Privacy Assembly census (link).
Podcast: Play in new window | Download