Absence due to mental ill-health is on the rise, report business leaders – Richard Isham comments for People Management
The comments Richard made were originally published by People Management – 9 August 2018 Business leaders say the number of staff taking time off for mental ill-health is on the… Read more →
Mental Health in the workplace – August 2018
Mental Health in the workplace The economic cost of mental illness in the workplace is now well documented. Mental ill health at work is estimated to cost UK employers £26… Read more →
When managing wealth affects mental health – Richard Isham comments for Private Banker
Private Banker International originally published this article. Richard Isham, employment partner at Wedlake Bell LLP, highlights two recent initiatives that are designed to highlight the issue of mental health in… Read more →
“Tackling mental ill-health in the workplace” – Laura Conway and Fiona Rushforth write for People Management
According to mental health charity Mind, one in four people experience mental ill-health each year. This has a huge financial cost for employers – mental health-related absences alone are estimated… Read more →
Mental Health – what businesses really need to be doing (and it won’t be easy)
The statistics are everywhere and it seems everyone is talking about mental health, which is great news. However, it will not be easy for employers to tackle the challenges –… Read more →
Mental health – how do you encourage employees to talk?
The new ACAS guidance on mental health has placed a raft of new training, awareness and documentation responsibilities on employers, including responsibility for creating a workplace culture where staff feel… Read more →
Workplace Mental Health: Are you compliant with the new ACAS regime?
To find out if you’re compliant with the new ACAS regime click here
Training and engagement
Our training sessions are aimed to be interactive and encourage engagement that can assist businesses with creating their action plan and policies.
Mental health training for managers: 1.5 hour session
- Recognising the signs of mental health issues
- Managing staff with mental ill health
- Types of mental ill health and appropriate support and adjustments
- Accessing support for staff
- Avoiding discrimination in recruitment, promotion and employment
- Promoting awareness and fighting stigma
HR Training: 2 hour session
- Disability and discrimination law
- Creating a mentally healthy workplace
- Mental health issues and recruitment
- Managing long-term and short-term absence
- Managing performance issues
- How to audit your workforce for mental health risk areas
- How to implement a post-audit action plan to address areas of concern
Mental health training for your workforce: 1 hour session
- Understanding mental health
- Managing stress
- Work-life balance
- Accessing support
- Supporting colleagues and expected standards of behaviour
All training sessions have the option of face-to-face training or webinar.
Our training is provided by employment law specialists who are experienced in dealing with disability, absence management and performance issues and are also certified in Mental Health First Aid.
Documents and Policies
The package includes the full range of documentation recommended by the ACAS guidance:
- Mental health policy
- Policy implementation guidance note
- Template mental health action plan with guidance notes
- Workplace audit guidance document
- Staff questionnaire for assessing mental health issues
The training, policies and documents are available as a package or each element can be purchased individually. Documents start from £250 plus VAT and the complete package can be purchased for a discounted price of £2,500 plus VAT, subject to requirements. Further pricing details are available on request. We can also tailor your own documentation or create bespoke documents for your business.
We pride ourselves in drafting “policies with punch” that are made to be used and tailored to the individual business.
For further information contact:
T: +44 (0)20 3697 7201