The Office for National Statistics: Civil Partnerships in England and Wales (October 2019)
23 / 10 / 2019
On 11 October 2019, the Office for National Statistics published their statistical bulletin in relation to Civil Partnerships in England and Wales in 2018.
In summary, some of the findings were that:
- There was a 5.3% increase on the number of Civil Partnerships from the previous year.
- 65% of the Civil Partnerships were between men (66% in the previous year).
- 21% of those forming a Civil Partnership were aged 65 years old and over.
- The highest number of Civil Partnerships took place in London (32%).
- The number of Civil Partnerships formed in 2018 outnumbered the number of Civil Partnerships dissolutions (there were 956 incidences of the former and 927 of the latter) – this was a change from the previous year wherein the number of dissolutions outnumbered the Civil Partnerships formed.