The preparation and submission of immigration applications under Tier 1 of the Points Based System, including Entrepreneurs, Investors and Exceptional Talent
Our charges typically range from £4,500 to £15,000 per individual main applicant and £600 to £1,200 per family member where applications are made at the same time
The preparation and submission of immigration applications for Innovators, Start-Ups and Global Talent
Our charges typically range from £5,000 to £15,000 per individual main applicant and £600 to £1,200 per family member where applications are made at the same time
The preparation and submission of immigration applications for Skilled Workers, Students, Sponsored workers under the Global Mobility immigration routes and for immigration routes previously under Tiers 2, 4, and 5 of the Points Based System including Sponsored Employees, Students and Youth Mobility Workers
Our charges typically range from £1,800 to £4,500 per individual main applicant and £600 to £1,200 per family member where applications are made at the same time
Applications for European Union, European Economic Area nationals, Swiss nationals and their family members including applications for family permits, EU Settled Status and EU Pre-Settled Status
Our charges typically range from £1,800 to £4,000 per applicant
The preparation and submission of other applications for permissions to come to the UK (entry clearance and leave to enter) and permission to stay in the UK (leave to remain and indefinite leave to remain)
Our charges typically range from £1,800 to £5,000 main applicant and £600 to £1,200 per family member where applications are made at the same time
Applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British citizen
Our charges typically range from £2,400 to £5,000 per individual main applicant and £1,200 to £2,400 per family member where applications are made at the same time
All figures are inclusive of VAT unless otherwise stated and are based on the hourly rate charge of £510 (inclusive of VAT) of Julia Jackson – Consultant.
VAT is charged at the rate of 20%. If you are resident in the UK then VAT will be charged. If you are resident outside the UK it may not be necessary to charge VAT – we will discuss this with you when taking your instructions.
We do not provide advice or representation for immigration appeals at the First-tier Tribunal.
For complex or unusual matters we may charge fees that are higher than the top of the range given above. Factors that may result in a matter being more complex or unusual include, bur are not limited to, situations were:
- The client requires a high degree of advice, care or attention
- Interpreters are required
- There are additional family members applying at the same time
- The client has an adverse immigration history, which could include a history of overstaying or breaching the immigration rules
- The client has received any civil penalties or has been arrested, charged with or convicted of criminal offences
- The application is factually complex or document heavy
- The Home Office request an interview and we are required to attend or provide preparation support
- Where the Home Office refuse your application and advice and/or assistance is provided in relation to any representations or administrative review
Our fees do not include:
- Home Office application fees, the Immigration Health Surcharge, biometric enrolment fees and any additional visa services such as expedited service or courier return of documents. These are not disbursements as you will make payment directly to the Home Office as part of the application process. Details of immigration application fees can be found here Home Office immigration and nationality fees: 9 November 2022 – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) These fees do not attract VAT.
- Independent expert reports or tests, e.g. Life in the UK tests, TB tests, police reports and language tests. These are not required in many cases. We will let you know as soon as possible if we consider these will be necessary. The level of cost will depend on the type of report/test required and your country of residence at the time. These are not disbursements as you will make payment directly to the report provide. These fees may attract VAT at 20% if made in the UK.
- Translation fees. Translators fees usually start from £60 inclusive of VAT for translation of a single page of text (with translator’s certificate of accuracy and increase on pro-rata basis. These fees may attract VAT if arranged in the UK.
- Interpreter fees. Our clients do not usually require interpreters. If we consider an interpreter is required we will discuss this with you at an early stage and advise on likely costs. You may provide your own interpreter if desired. These fees may attract VAT at 20% if made in the UK.
- If there is an interview and we attend with you there will be additional disbursements in respect of our travel expenses. These fees will attract VAT at 20%.
The key stages for our services are as follows
- Discussing your circumstances in detail and confirming whether this is the most appropriate application for you to make and what other options may be available to you
- Giving you advice about the requirements of the Immigration Rules and whether you meet the criteria
- If you do not fulfil certain criteria whether this can be overcome and how
- Where necessary, helping you obtain further evidence (such as bank statements, employer letters and references)
- Preparing your application and submitting it on your behalf
We would usually anticipate that the above stages would be completed within 3 weeks but we will agree a timetable with you dependent on your current immigration status, any immigration expiry dates, travel plans, any adverse factors (such as previous breach of the Immigration Rules or any civil penalties or criminal convictions) and the immigration application to be submitted
- Booking an appointment for biometric enrolment (fingerprint scan and digital photograph) and uploading supporting documents
- Dealing with any correspondence with the Home Office regarding your application once it has been submitted
- Giving you advice about the outcome of the application and any further steps you need to take
The timing for the above stages will be dependant on both local appointment availability and Home Office processing times. These vary significantly throughout the year but we will be able to advise on current estimated processing times. You can also view the Home Office Service Standards (target times for completion of immigration applications) here About our services – UK Visas and Immigration – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk). Please note that the Home Office do not always meet their own Service Standards
Who will carry out the work?
Immigration advice is provided by Julia Jackson – Consultant. Julia qualified as a solicitor in 1994 and has specialised in immigration and nationality law since that time. Julia’s hourly rate is £510 inclusive of VAT (£425 plus VAT at 20%).
Last reviewed: February 2023