Stephen is a partner in our corporate practice and has extensive experience acting for clients in the technology sector, the construction materials sector, and the natural resources industry.
Stephen’s main practice areas include UK capital markets (advising issuers, nomads, brokers and financial advisers on private placings, IPOs, secondary fundraises and dual listings) and M&A (acting for both public and private companies).
Stephen also has considerable experience advising on equity investments, rights issues, joint ventures and corporate reorganisations.
- Advised Belimed AG on its acquisition of Amity International, a manufacturer and developer of speciality chemicals, consumables and equipment for the healthcare industry worldwide for an undisclosed multimillion pound sum.
- Advised Cairn Financial Advisers LLP and ETX Capital on GreenRoc Mining Plc’s £5.1m placing and AIM IPO.
- Advised the shareholders of economics consultancy Vivid Economics and climate analytics platform Planterics on the sale of both companies to management consulting giant McKinsey & Company for an undisclosed multimillion pound sum.
- Advised FM Conway Limited, a leading family-run infrastructure services company delivering vital services in transportation, the built environment and open spaces for communities and business, on its acquisition of Berkshire Macadams Limited, its acquisitions of United Asphalt and on its acquisition of a minority interest in Toppesfield Ltd.
- Advised the shareholders of Zeigo Ltd, a climate-tech platform enabling businesses to quickly, easily and cost effectively source impactful energy, to Schneider Electric.
- Advised MFT Capital Ltd on the sale of Boom Battle Bars, a competitive socialising and entertainment business, to AIM quoted XP Factory Plc (formerly Escape Hunt Plc).
- Advised SigmaRoc Plc, the AIM quoted buy-and-build construction material business, on its successful placing and acquisition of CDH Development for €45.1 million.
- Advised AIM quoted CentralNic Group Plc, the global internet platform that derives revenue from the subscription sales of internet domain names, on its acquisition of the Hexonet Group for £10m and its acquisition of Ideegeo Group Ltd for NZ$5.2m.
Stephen joined Wedlake Bell in May 2022. Prior to this he was a partner in the M&A and Corporate Finance Team at Bates Wells between April 2016 and April 2022.
Before then he was a senior associate at Bates Wells between November 2014 and March 2016, an associate at Fasken Martineau LLP between October 2011 and November 2014 and an associate at Joelson (then Joelson Wilson) between July 2007 and September 2011.
Stephen has a degree in History and Politics from The University of York and completed his Post Graduate Diploma in Law and his Legal Practice Course at the College of Law in York.