T: +44 (0)20 7395 3192
Sarah advises on a wide range of construction projects from inception to completion. Projects include new build and refurbishment of high end residential, office, retail, hotel, hospital and mixed use developments.
She also advises on the construction elements of complex property transactions acting for landlords, tenants, purchasers or sellers.
Sarah acts principally for developers, funders, property investors, consultants and specialist contractors.
She has also advised employers, contractors, sub-contractors and consultants involved in adjudication, proceedings in the Technology and Construction Court and various forms of alternative dispute resolution (ADR), including mediation.
Sarah provides commentary and articles for Lexis PSL in her capacity as Editorial Board member.
- Advising tenant on the construction of a new state of the art 155,000 square foot (with option for a further 70,000 square feet) biotech facility providing a full non-contentious construction service liaising closely with the Landlord’s solicitors in relation to an agreement for lease, building contract, pre-construction services agreement, appointments and related documentation.
- Advising hotel owner in relation to a high end hotel refurbishment in Mayfair to include liaising closely with the project team to put all relevant measures in place to reduce the impact of the works on the guests as the hotel will remain open during the works.
- Advising on the redevelopment of a Grade 2 listed building within the Grosvenor Estate converting it from offices to a single high end luxury family home producing all construction documents for agreement with the project team and approval by the Grosvenor Estate and funder.
- Acting for the developer owner in relation to the redevelopment of a Grade 1 listed 18,213 square feet prestigious terrace on the Grosvenor Estate providing a full non-contentious construction service and advising with our banking colleagues on a refinancing exercise negotiating a new facility agreement with all the related construction issues.
- Advising owner on development of hotel for well-known budget hotel group.
- Acting for a developer in relation to the redevelopment of a prime riverside location occupying 4.45 acres to provide 218 luxury residential units with 258 secure underground car parking spaces.
Sarah has a degree in mathematics from Imperial College London. She attended the College of Law, London to obtain her legal qualifications and then qualified as a solicitor in 2002 having trained at Wedlake Bell and became a partner in 2012.
She is a member of the Lexis PSL Construction Consulting Editorial Board and the Society of Construction Law. Sarah also regularly sits on the Joint Contracts Tribunal (JCT) drafting sub-committee.
"She provides a ‘first-class service.’"
— Chambers UK, 2013
"Clients praise her ability to ‘get straight to the nub of the matter'."
— Chambers UK, 2012
"Sarah is 'very eloquent, accessible and responsive'."
— Chambers UK, 2011
" Sarah Elliott is also a key contact."
— Legal 500, 2017