Partner, Head of Residential Property
T: +44 (0)20 7406 1669
Parminder deals with all aspects of residential conveyancing including the acquisition and disposal of both freehold and leasehold properties. This includes high value properties for owner occupation or investment. Instructions have included acting for various family members, particularly parents and grandparents assisting their children and grandchildren purchase their first home. Although the majority of transactions are based in Central London, Parminder has acted in respect of properties in Greater London too and as far afield as the Peak District and Devon.
Parminder has also acted for numerous lending institutions in transactions involving property investors investing in small to medium sized developments around the country. Parminder also has considerable experience in acting for private individuals obtaining finance from lenders who are represented by separate independent law firms.
Parminder also has experience of dealing with lease extensions (both statutory and voluntary) as well as leasehold enfranchisement matters. Her experience in this area includes acting for both landlords and tenants.
In all cases Parminder aims to provide not only an excellent service but to make the transaction at hand, proceed to completion as smoothly and as quickly as possible. Parminder looks to provide useful and practical advice should an unexpected problem arise during a transaction, a recent example being negotiating the removal of restrictive covenants registered against a house, for the benefit of adjoining land owners.
Parminder assists clients with all their property needs and handles a wide range of matters connected with residential properties. Recent deals have included:-
- The connected sale of a freehold family home in Central London and the purchase of the family’s new freehold house in the Cotswolds. As part of her instructions from this family, Parminder helped one of the children purchase their first home (a leasehold apartment in the City).
- Sales of a freehold property in Central London for £12 million and the sale of a freehold house in North London for £1.5 million.
- Purchases of both leasehold and freehold properties. Recent transactions have included the acquisition of a leasehold flat in South Kensington for just under £2 million, and two leasehold flats in Pimlico of just over £3 million and £750,000 (the latter for investment which included putting in place mortgage finance). The acquisitions in Pimlico also included dealing with acquisition of shares in existing freehold companies.
- Sales of leasehold properties, which have recently included a probate sale of a leasehold apartment in one of the communal gardens in Notting Hill and a leasehold maisonette in Chelsea.
- Acquisitions have included new build houses and flats (including in Holland Park and in Elmbridge, Surrey).
- Various financing transactions for individuals, ranging from mortgages attached to a property purchase including a Buy To Let purchase and urgent bridging finance for another set of clients.
- Transfers of ownership, advising on residential tenancy agreements.
- Acting for landlords not in respect of lease extensions and enfranchisement matters but also in relation to licences and consents.
Parminder acts for clients based in the UK and overseas, both individuals and companies. Parminder also works closely with colleagues within the Real Estate Group, the Family Law team and those with a Private Client practice.
Parminder qualified as a solicitor in 2003 after training at a small law firm based in the City, after which she moved to a medium sized law firm based in North London. Parminder joined Wedlake Bell in June 2006. Throughout her education Parminder aspired to become a solicitor and began her career in law obtaining a degree in Law at Wolverhampton.
"Parminder Sidhu handles residential conveyancing matters, including freehold and leasehold property acquisitions"
— Legal 500, 2017
Parminder answers a readers question in The Sunday Times