T: +44 (0)20 7395 3106
Kate advises clients on personal tax and trust issues. Her practice includes domestic and international tax and estate planning.
Kate advises clients on the use of lifetime gifts, tax-efficient Wills, trusts and charitable foundations to mitigate UK inheritance tax, capital gains tax and income tax.
She has experience in onshore and offshore tax planning and trust structuring, trust administration, estate administration, the preparation of Lasting Powers of Attorney and charity formation.
- Advising family on tax and estate planning in advance of the sale of the family business.
- Setting up and administering grant making Charitable Incorporated Organisations.
- Drafting Wills for testators with overseas assets.
- Advising on restructuring UK real estate ownership by non-domiciled individuals.
- UK tax and remittance planning for individuals moving to or returning to the UK.
Kate qualified as a private client solicitor in 2011 and joined Wedlake Bell in 2013 from Trowers & Hamlins.
She is a STEP (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners) member, having obtained a distinction in her exams. Kate is named as one of eprivateclient’s 2016 Top 35 Under 35 and as Tax and Estate Planning Lawyer of the Year in the 2016 Women in Law Awards.
“A matter of equal choice” published in Solicitors Journal, November 2016
“About Time” published in Solicitors Journal, October 2016
Interviewed on Share Radio, August 2015, “What is Brussels IV and how does it change the inheritance landscape”
“Spanish holiday home tax fiasco – Britons finally receiving refunds”, The Telegraph, July 2015
“Do I still need a foreign will to cover my European holiday home?”, The Telegraph, July 2015