T: +44 (0)20 7395 3106
Kate advises domestic and international clients on personal tax, trust, estate planning and succession issues. Her clients include individuals, trustees and charities. Kate works closely with her clients and their advisors to mitigate tax and plan for the future.
Kate advises clients on the use of lifetime gifts, tax-efficient Wills, trusts and charitable foundations. Kate has particular experience advising on exiting family businesses, charity formation, onshore and offshore tax planning and trust structuring, and planning for moving to or returning to the UK.
• Advising family shareholders on tax and estate planning in advance of the sale of the family business.
• Advising on the formation of charities as charitable incorporated organisations, companies limited by guarantee or trusts; setting up and administering charities.
• Drafting Wills for testators with overseas assets.
• Advising on cross border succession planning for clients with assets, business interests and charitable interests in multiple jurisdictions.
• UK tax and remittance planning for individuals moving to or returning to the UK.
Kate qualified as a private client solicitor in 2011 and joined Wedlake Bell in 2013 from Trowers & Hamlins.
Kate has a degree in Economics from The University of York, she also completed the Graduate Diploma in Law and the Legal Practice Course at BPP London.
She is a STEP (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners) member, having obtained a distinction in her exams. Kate was named as one of eprivateclient’s 2016 Top 35 Under 35 and as Tax and Estate Planning Lawyer of the Year in the Women in Law Awards in 2016, and in 2019 she won Citywealth’s Gold award as “Lawyer of the Year – Senior/Managing Associate”.
“A matter of equal choice” published in Solicitors Journal, November 2016
“About Time” published in Solicitors Journal, October 2016
NEW TAX YEAR BRINGS AN END TO ATED-RELATED CAPITAL GAINS TAX
New Capital Gains Tax for Non-UK Residents
Changes to offshore loans for UK property
Declaring Offshore Assets? Tick it off your summer check list…
Kate Johnson’s article was published in Professional Adviser