T: +44 (0)20 7406 1649
Helen advises on the administration of complex estates, often with a cross border element. She prepares Wills for clients, many of whom have assets in other jurisdictions, ensuring that the Will is drafted to achieve the client’s aims in a tax efficient way. Helen also advises clients on lifetime inheritance tax planning, including creating new trusts and appointing assets out of existing trusts. She has a particular interest in mental capacity issues, and advises on powers of attorney and Court of Protection matters.
- Advising the executor of a 22 million pound estate; liaising with HMRC to maximise inheritance tax reliefs and exemptions for the estate.
- Advising a client on the preparation of a new Will where the client held assets in several jurisdictions.
- Attending a secure facility to take instructions for Lasting Powers of Attorney for a client with severe paranoid schizophrenia, having obtained a suitable expert opinion on the client’s capacity to give those instructions.
Helen joined Wedlake Bell in October 2018. She trained at Bircham Dyson Bell, and qualified as a solicitor there in 2011.
Helen has a degree in History from Cambridge University, she completed the Graduate Diploma in Law and the Legal Practice Course at BPP.
Helen is a member of STEP, having completed the STEP Diploma in Trusts and Estates (England & Wales) in 2014.
- Eprivateclient ‘Top 35 under 35’ winner – 2014
- Citywealth ‘Top 100 Future Leaders’ – 2016
Acting as an Executor during Covid-19