Emma’s practice involves all elements of private client work. She advises both UK and non-UK domiciled clients on tax matters generally and has extensive experience in advising trustees and beneficiaries on all trust matters, both UK and offshore, and related issues.
Emma deals with Wills, succession, trust formation and tax planning associated with probate and will trusts. She also advises in relation to UK tax planning and mitigation for individuals and trustees. Emma has considerable experience of coordinating international tax planning and structuring inward investment for individuals and trustees.
She also advises US individuals and beneficiaries on their UK tax affairs, dealing with UK wills and setting up trusts, working in co-ordination with US advisers. She also advises on charity law.
- Forming offshore trusts for international families, pre-arrival planning for
non-domiciliaries coming to the UK to live or work and all associated matters.
- Advising inbound, returning expatriates on UK tax mitigation.
- Advising on the restructure of offshore trusts for a non-domiciled family.
- Advising on the statutory residence test, new taxes on residential property and
reviewing property holding structures.
- Advising on the mitigation of tax on the sale of a business by an entrepreneur and succession planning.
Emma joined Wedlake Bell in 1989, she qualified in 1987 and became a partner in 1996. Emma has a degree in Law from the University of Nottingham.
Emma is a member of STEP (and a regular member of its panel of Experts) and the Law Society Private Client section. She is quoted in national newspapers and interviewed on radio on contemporary tax issues. She is a member of the firms Family Office Group.