T: +44 (0)20 7395 3125
Emily is a solicitor in the Private Client team with expertise in UK inheritance tax and capital gains tax, estate administration, succession planning and the establishment of charitable structures.
Emily also advises on elderly client matters and issues relating to the loss of mental capacity, including Powers of Attorney and applications to the Court of Protection.
- Drafting Wills for testators with European assets.
- Drafting and advising on Wills and Letters of Wishes for individuals with complex family relationships and concerns for vulnerable beneficiaries.
- Setting up and advising on Charitable Incorporated Organisations.
- Applying to the Court of Protection for the appointment of a deputy to manage the financial affairs of an incapacitated individual.
- Administering a deceased’s estate who died intestate outside the UK with worldwide assets.
Emily started at Wedlake Bell as a trainee in 2012 and qualified into the Private Client team in 2014. She has a degree in English Literature and Education from Cambridge University.
Emily is a STEP (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners) member, having recently obtained a distinction in the STEP Diploma in Trusts and Estates.
“Mind the Wealth Gap” published in Spears Magazine in February 2017.