T: +44 (0)20 7395 3125
Emily is a Senior Associate in the Private Client team, advising clients on tax-efficient Wills and succession planning in order to protect wealth for the next generation. She also administers high value and complex estates and deals with issues arising from the loss of mental capacity.
Emily’s expertise also includes advising on the establishment of new charitable structures, charity mergers and incorporations, and general charity administration.
- Advising on high net worth individuals with overseas assets on their Wills and succession planning needs.
- Advising mixed US/UK citizen couples on their UK tax and estate planning.
- Administering a high value and complex estate and dealing with negotiations with HMRC as regards to heritage tax reliefs available.
- Advising a family on the establishment of a grant making Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) and liaising with the Charity Commission.
- Advising a religious charitable trust on incorporating from a trust to a CIO.
- Applying to the Court of Protection for the appointment of a deputy to manage the financial affairs of an incapacitated individual.
Emily started at Wedlake Bell as a trainee in 2012 and qualified into the Private Client team in 2014. She has a degree in English Literature and Education from Cambridge University.
Emily is a STEP (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners) member, having completed the STEP Diploma in Trusts and Estates.
“Mind the Wealth Gap” published in Spears Magazine in February 2017.
What do the proposed changes to CGT mean for IHT planning? eprivateclient
How to choose the right legal structure for your charity
Video witnessing of Wills to be made legal
Emily Minett explores common issues that COVID-19 poses for grant-making charities.
Making a will during COVID-19
Transparency and Trusts