Senior Associate and Professional Support Lawyer
T: +44 (0)20 7395 3184
Elizabeth has experience in a wide range of Private Client work including Wills and related succession issues; inheritance tax mitigation; creation, administration and taxation of trusts; estate planning generally; and mental capacity work including Lasting Powers of Attorney and Court of Protection applications.
Elizabeth joined Wedlake Bell in 2012 as a Senior Associate and, after a career break to look after her young daughter, rejoined in 2018 as a Professional Support Lawyer.
- Preparing precedent deeds, documents and know-how resources.
- Monitoring legal developments on Private Client issues and keeping the Private Client team updated of new legislation, case-law and practice.
- Assisting with legal research and supporting the team generally with legal and practice-related queries.
- Tracking and responding to Government consultations and policy affecting our clients; recent topics include the H M Revenue & Customs technical consultation on the Fifth Money Laundering Directive and Trust Registration Service.
- Assisting with writing articles on legal issues for the press and industry publications, and producing brochures and updates for clients on topical issues and key Private Client themes.
Elizabeth joined Wedlake Bell from Cumberland Ellis when the firms merged in April 2012, having previously worked at Hyde Mahon Bridges and Russell-Cooke.
She has a degree in Law from University College London.
Elizabeth assists with the production of the Private Client team’s biannual newsletter “In Trust” and with articles for industry publications such as the Solicitors Journal, Trusts and Estates Law and Tax Journal, The Law Society’s PS Magazine and eprivateclient.