T: +44 (0)20 7406 1625
David has wide experience of acting for major property investors and developers including sales, purchases, lettings, refinancing, development, development funding and asset management advisory services with a particular emphasis on foreign investment in the UK and charity sector asset management, development and regeneration.
He also advises on the impact of the changing climate, both physical and political, on private and public sustainable initiatives. In particular, has been advising on green development and leasing and the effects of the changing regulatory climate on the institutional real estate sector.
- Acting for South African investor Zeno Capital on various deals including:
- the £400M acquisition of Riverbank House, the 320,000sq ft City of London office building which is the headquarters of hedge fund, Man Group and subsequent re-financing
- the re-financing of Standard Chartered’s HQ building at Basinghall Avenue
- the acquisition of the Sainsbury Supermarket site on Purley Way, Croydon
- Acting for IXO Group on its residential and mixed use development portfolio
- Advising a London City Mission on its property portfolio and strategic development proposals
- Acting on behalf of The Co-mission Churches Trust on the redevelopment of church premises with enabling residential development in South West London
David joined Wedlake Bell in October 2018 having previously led RPC’s Real Estate Investment and Development team, where he had been a partner from 2011.
David qualified in 1998 after obtaining a degree in Law from the University of Reading, and an LPC from the College of Law in Guildford. He became a partner at Berwin Leighton Paisner in 2006.
David is a member of the Board of Revo and Chairman of its Sustainability and Community Engagement Committee and is a former member of the policy committee of UK Green Building Council (UKGBC).. He has also delivered masterclasses on Service Charge as part of Revo’s professional education programme.
David is a Trustee of the Revo Educational Trust and speaker on the Solent University Diploma in Retail and Leisure Place Management.
Green Leases – Going, Going, “Green”