T: +44 (0)20 7406 1625
David acts for investors, property owners and tenants acquiring, developing and managing commercial property.
He has particular expertise in dealing with properties held in corporate structures as well as an in depth knowledge of the retail sector for both landlords and retailers.
- Acting for South African investor Zeno Capital on the £400M acquisition of Riverbank House, the 320,000sq ft City of London office building which is the headquarters of hedge fund, Man Group.
- Advising a European haute couture fashion designer on the acquisition and establishment of its London boutiques
- Acting on the acquisition, management and sale of a 60+ unit retail food and beverage portfolio.
- Advising Griffen Group on the sale of 26 logistics properties to Ascendas REIT for £257.5m.
- Advising a number of American corporates on taking HQ space in London and the Thames Valley.
David joined Wedlake Bell in October 2018 having previously led RPC’s Real Estate Investment and Development team, where he had been a partner from 2011.
David qualified in 1998 after obtaining a degree in Law from the University of Reading, and an LPC from the College of Law in Guildford. He became a partner at Berwin Leighton Paisner in 2006.
David is a member of the Strategy Board of Revo and Chairman of its Sustainability and Community Engagement Committee. He has also delivered masterclasses on Service Charge as part of Revo’s professional education programme.
David is assisting Revo on the design and delivery of its Diploma in Retail and Leisure Place Management.
David is a former member of the policy committee of UK Green Building Council (UKGBC) and is a member of the UKGBC’s Leaders Network.