Charles is dual-qualified as a solicitor in England and as a PRC lawyer (non-practicing) in China. He has been focusing on advising Chinese clients (both individuals and corporates). As a native Mandarin speaking lawyer, Charles advised many Chinese UHNWIs, HNWIs and companies on a broad range of matters when they are investing into the UK or running into various legal problems. Charles has more than 15 years of legal experience and worked in Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Hong Kong, Singapore and Dubai before settling in London.
- Advised an LSE mainboard SPAC on RTO transactions in relation to two targets in education sector.
- Advised a Chinese conglomerate on forensic investigation against its UK director and a shareholding dispute.
- Advised a Chinese real estate developer on purchasing a piece of land and developing residential properties to sell to the public in East London.
- Advised Chinese companies to be listed in China on legal due diligence against their UK subsidiaries.
- Advised many Chinese UHNWIs and HNWIs on purchasing residential properties in the UK.
Charles joined Wedlake Bell in Aug 2021. Charles obtained his Juris Master degree from Peking University in 2005 and qualified as a PRC lawyer (non-practicing) in 2004. He then obtained a Master of Laws degree from London School of Economics in 2008, trained and qualified as an English solicitor with Stephenson Harwood in 2014. After qualification, Charles joined Farrer & Co and Mischon de Reya helping the two firms to establish China Desks before becoming a partner at Rosenblatt and leading its China Desk in 2019.