Partner - Head of Private Client Group
T: +44 (0)20 7406 1678
Camilla advises high-net-worth individuals, both UK and non-UK domiciliaries, on estate planning to mitigate the incidence of inheritance tax and control the devolution of estates using lifetime gifts, trusts and tax-efficient wills. She also provides advice to clients on capital gains tax and income tax mitigation strategies as regards lifetime tax planning.
Camilla has experience of both offshore and onshore trust structuring and advising trustees and beneficiaries in relation to the day-to-day management and administration of trusts and estates.
Camilla is a member of the firm’s Offshore, Family Office and India Groups.
- Drafting wills, lasting powers of attorneys and lifetime trusts to mitigate tax or carry out estate or succession planning.
- Advising mixed US/UK citizen couples on their UK tax and estate planning.
- Drafting a chattels lease in relation to a £45m art collection.
- Providing pre-arrival tax and remittance planning to non-UK domiciliaries (particularly Russian, Indian, Middle Eastern, Chinese and French).
- Advising on the UK tax implications of UK real estate structures set up by non-UK domiciled individuals (resident and non-resident in the UK).
- Advising offshore trustees on the UK taxation of employee benefit trusts.
- Planning with Private Equity Carried Interests.
Camilla trained at US firm Dechert and thereafter was a solicitor in the Private Client team at Macfarlanes. She is a member of STEP (passing exams with distinction) and a founding member of PAIAM (Professional Advisors to the International Art Market).
Camilla speaks Spanish and French.
Camilla has written a chapter called ‘Inheritance – The Foreign Connection’ in Private Client Practice: An Expert Guide, published by Solicitors Journal.
"Nominated as both a "Prominent Figure" and a "Power Woman""
— Citywealth Leaders List, since 2014
"Nominated as one of the UK's top 50 tax advisors"
— Spears, since 2015
"Camilla Wallace's private wealth practice includes estate and tax planning for UK individuals, and she also advises clients with assets in multiple jurisdictions on wealth-structuring matters. Her clients include UK non-domiciliaries, offshore trustees and overseas investors. "I know her very well and have a lot of time for her," says a peer, explaining that "I've referred a few things to her and she's extremely personable and sharp.""
— Chambers HNW Guide 2017
"The ‘very responsive and reliable’ Camilla Wallace provides a service that is ‘second to none, and she is better than most at communicating complex tax issues to clients’."
— Legal 500, 2017