Brad has 20 years’ experience advising on construction and infrastructure projects in the UK and abroad.
Brad has acted for Developers, Funders, Landlords, Tenants, Contractors and Consultants providing advice on contractual and project advisory issues across a number of sectors including commercial property, offices, mixed use developments, student accommodation, logistics, rail and healthcare.
Brad has also provided specialist construction advice in respect of property, corporate and finance transactions and restructuring.
At his previous firm Brad’s recent experience included:
- Acting for LondonMetric on development and infrastructure works involving the construction of four units at Bedford Link Logistics Park in Bedford.
- Advising a Developer in respect of the forward funding development of at 600 plus student bedroom accommodation facility in Lewisham, London.
- Acting for a Developer in respect of the construction of a two tower, 550 apartment residential development in Croydon, London using modular construction.
- Advising REIT on the development of two £100 million plus projects for a commercial and residential development in Kingston, London and an office and commercial use development in Ealing, London.
- Acting for Oxenwood Real Estate, in joint venture with a Canadian institutional investor, on its acquisition of a portfolio of prime logistics properties in the UK for £286 million.
- Advising a REIT on the disposal of 3 UK retail parks for £191 million.
|Brad joined Wedlake Bell in April 2020.
Brad was previously a construction specialist in the real estate group of Jones Day and a senior associate in the construction and engineering group at Taylor Wessing.
Brad is a longstanding member of the Society of Construction Law (SCL) and has previously lectured for the SCL at Kings College London and for the MSc in Project Management at the University of Reading.
Brad is an admitted solicitor in both England and Australia and has degrees in Law from Murdoch University and in Business from Curtin University, each of Perth Australia.
Butterworths Journal of International Banking and Financial Law, June 2017 “The Impact of assignment to a lender of a building contract”
“Lessons from the Green Gulf Civil Engineering Surveyor” February 2011
“Hitting the Green Wall… and Beyond – 2010 Sustainability Report” (team member, published in conjunction with the British Property Federation)
“Behind the Green Facade – 2009 Sustainability Report” (team member, winner of the Property Marketing Awards and Victor Ludorum 2010)
“Top 50 Rising Stars in Sustainability” Building Magazine 2012
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales
- Legal Practitioner of the Supreme Court of New South Wales
- Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Western Australia