Pay Gap Reporting
Wedlake Bell, specialist employment lawyers, have collaborated with Spktral to support and guide employers through the pay gap reporting process, from data gathering and reporting to analysis and action plans.
Wedlake Bell advise on the legal and practical obligations owed including how to identify relevant groupings for the purpose of reporting. Spktral’s cloud-based platform simplifies the reporting process and reduces the risk of inaccurate data, allowing users to produce metrics and analyse data that can be viewed in a visual and digestible manner. By working together on behalf of our clients, we assess the risks and opportunities organisations face, and help them to define and implement actions to mitigate risk and create value through equality and diversity. Throughout this process and perhaps most importantly, we provide the capabilities and support to measure and track progress.
ENSURING A GLOBAL APPROACH
- Global brands require global solutions
- Logical to have harmonised terms for employees internationally
- More than 14 countries including UK,Ireland, France, Germany and UAE have some form of mandatory gender pay gap reporting with more such as Spain and Switzerland following
- Using the UK model= consistency and transparency
GENDER PAY GAP REPORTING – SOME KEY CONSIDERATIONS
- Legal obligations
- Attract and retain talent
- Manage governance & mitigate risk
- Understand and use data for critical planning
- GDPR compliance
- Analyse why and where you have a gap
- Is there an equal pay or discrimination issue?
- Use the Report to support D&I programme
- Enhance your brand and increase stakeholder engagement
- Satisfy stakeholders/investors
- Ensuring open communication and updates with staff
ETHNICITY PAY GAP REPORTING - WHY DO IT NOW?
- Show proactivity and transparency
- Potential legal requirement around the corner
- Enhance staff attraction/retention
- Complexity – UK census identifies 19 ethnic categories; is that necessary?
- Analysis – Is there a gap? Is there a legal issue?
- Analyse, report and communicate to enhance reputation