03 / 10 / 2019
A number of Teams across Wedlake Bell have moved up the Legal 500 2020 rankings which are compiled from client feedback and comments from our competitors. Grateful thanks to those whose feedback helped with this.
The internationally renowned legal directory has recognised the firm’s successes in a variety of practice areas over the last 12 months – highlighting individuals to note within our impressive roster of experts. We are pleased that a number of Wedlake Bell’s specialist Teams in Real Estate have climbed the Legal 500 rankings this year, namely:
- Commercial Property (corporate occupiers) have moved up a rank this year to Tier 2, with a number of the Team having received impressive testimonials. Legal 500 recognises Suzanne Gill as “an excellent legal adviser, transactional lawyer and highly personable individual” as well as having “a razor sharp legal mind.” Furthermore, Sarah Blunn has been noted as “an exceptional real estate lawyer, commercial and dedicated to her clients”, alongside Leah Freeman as having “expert knowledge of our business, stores and internal ways of working”.
- In addition, Commercial Property (investment) have risen the rankings from Tier 3 to Tier 2.
- Our “strong and efficient” Residential Property Team has been ranked Tier 2, with Jonathan Achampong, Tom Allfree, Parminder Sidhu and Gemma Mallett all having been highlighted as individuals to note. In particular, Jonathan Achampong was recognised as being “fantastic to work with and takes great pride in his work”.
- Construction (non-contentious)have jumped from Tier 5 to Tier 4, with Suzanne Reeves, Helen Garthwaite and Sarah Elliott mentioned as “key names” in the Team.
Other movements of note include:
Corporate and Commercial
- Corporate M&A (smaller deals up to £50m) have been ranked Tier 1 – up from Tier 2 last year – following the Team having been significantly strengthened through a number of appointments, including that of Martin Thomas and Nigel Taylor. Adam Lynch has also been recognised as a “strong force in the corporate real estate and hospitality sectors”. Furthermore, both Janice Wall and Edward Craft have been “highly recommended for their experience in advising small to mid-cap companies”.
- Equity and Capital Markets (small mid-cap) was a new entrant to the rankings at Tier 3, following a “successful effort to expand” the Team.
Continuing the momentum from previous years, the firm is also ranked competitively in Private Client, Commercial Litigation, Human Resources and TMT.