Turning the drivers of operating model change into competitive edge
Wedlake Bell, Lanware and Investment & Wealth Management Consultants (IAWMC) have jointly launched the “Financial Firms Fit for the 21st Century” series.
This regular “pulse” of events will examine and debate the drivers for change in the Wealth and Investment Management sector, focusing on how firms can benefit from the pace of change.
Discussion topics included:
- Impact of outsourcing on an optimised business model? – Why are wealth firms considering operational outsourcing more than they were 5 years ago? But what do you outsource and how do you balance flexibility with your legal responsibilities and brand protection? What is the impact of moving business processes into the cloud?
- Acquiring or being acquired – What you need to think about? – How do you protect your core assets whilst working to deliver a successful target operating model. How do you manage legacy issues and deliver enhanced brand and efficient distribution.
- Securing and maintaining client data in a digital economy – From GDPR to MiFID, how do you reassure your clients how safe your systems and procedures are? What due diligence do you need to undertake to mitigate cyber risk and how can the legal and regulatory requirement to hold and maintain client data be turned into a competitive advantage?
- Ian Woodhouse, Orbium (moderator)
- Rosalyn Breedy, Wedlake Bell
- Henry Duncombe, Lanware limited
- Steve Dyson, Investment & Wealth Management Consultants
Date: Wednesday 31 January 2018