Financial Abuse of the Elderly Seminar
Wedlake Bell and 5 Stone Buildings are delighted to invite you to their seminar
The session will cover:
- whether appointing a property and affairs deputy is preferable to executing a lasting power of attorney to safeguard against financial abuse
- criminal investigations and prosecution of financial abuse
- the impact of family dynamics on the care of elderly and vulnerable clients.
- the ways to identify these dynamics and possible abuse within the family system towards the client–and what can be done to address these concerns.
- practicalities of introducing a security bond scheme for attorneys
At the end of the session, you will have an opportunity to ask your questions to the speakers.
- Ann Stanyer, Partner, Wedlake Bell
- Barbara Rich, Barrister, 5 Stone Buildings
- Andrew O’Keeffe, Partner, Wedlake Bell
- Jordan Holland, Barrister, 5 Stone Buildings
- Kathleen O’Hara, Psychotherapist, MA PLC
- Andrew Brown, Specialist Crime & Operations, Metropolitan Police
Click here to view the speakers biographies.
Date: Tuesday 17 July 2018