Employment status and IR35 – latest developments and practical impact
Engaging workers and contractors - a debate around current issues and future developments in employment law and IR35
Wedlake Bell, in conjunction with ISE Partners, is pleased to announce further details of its employment status debate.
The debate will explore from the end client’s perspective the evolving legal and tax landscape of engaging workers and contractors, including the following issues:
- What will “default” worker status mean for businesses?
- Is HMRC’s employment status test still relevant?
- What will the impact be of the extension of the off-payroll working rules to the private sector?
This promises to be a fascinating discussion, highly relevant to all organisations who engage individuals as workers or self-employed contractors.
- Samantha Hurley, Operations Director, APSCo (the Association of Professional Staffing Companies) – APSCo was formed to give all firms involved in the recruitment of professional talent that have a commitment to excellence, the specialist support and distinctive voice they need to be successful. It gives candidates and employers a trusted badge of quality whilst providing member firms with an innovative range of services designed for them by recruitment experts.
- Adam Kay, Partner, Saffrey Champness – Adam is a Partner in the Transactions Tax team at Saffrey Champness, a top 20 firm of chartered accountants.
- Adam Grant, Partner, Wedlake Bell – Adam is a Partner in Wedlake Bell’s Employment Team, a leading London law firm.
- Blair Adams, Partner, Wedlake Bell – Blair is Head of the Employment and Pensions Team at Wedlake Bell.
We hope you will join us.
Date: Wednesday 21 November 2018