Tom advises clients across a range of sectors in relation to a variety of corporate matters and transactions, with a particular focus on domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganisations and capital markets transactions.
Tom also regularly advises clients on shareholder agreements, investment agreements and general corporate law matters.
- Advised the members of chartered accountancy firm Carter Backer Winter (“CBW”) on its sale to Gravita, a portfolio company of European tech investor Tenzing. The sale means that CBW has climbed the ranks to become a top 30 accounting firm. Alongside the sale, advised CBW on its pre-sale reorganisation, including the divestment of CBW LLP’s corporate recovery & insolvency business and its financial planning business, each to a separate newly formed LLP.
- Advised Belimed AG (a wholly owned subsidiary of Metall Zug AG, the Swiss industrial holding company listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange) on its multi-million pound acquisition of Amity International, a manufacturer and developer of speciality chemicals, consumables and equipment for the healthcare industry worldwide.
- Advised the shareholders of Zeigo Ltd (Zeigo), a clean tech renewable platform, in connection with the multi-million pound sale of the entire issued share capital of Zeigo to a UK subsidiary of Schneider Electric.
- Advised MFT Capital Ltd on the sale of Boom Battle Bars, a competitive socialising and entertainment business, to AIM quoted XP Factory Plc (formerly Escape Hunt Plc).
- Advised Cairn Financial Advisers LLP and ETX Capital on GreenRoc Mining Plc’s £5.1m placing and AIM IPO.
- Acted for Eyoto Group Limited, a provider of technology solutions for the worldwide optical industry, on its most recent fund raises to ensure a pathway to future growth for the company through a series of investments by way of convertible loans and equity. This included an investment round from The Future Fund through the UK Government’s Covid-19 initiative and delivered by the British Business Bank.
- Advised on the multi-million pound sale of the Ginger Ray group, a leading on-line celebrations brand, to private equity backed Amscan International.
- Advised the owners of Gillingham Marina in connection with the sale of the Marina and its associated businesses for a multi-million pound sum.
Tom joined the corporate department at Wedlake Bell as an associate in May 2022.
Prior to joining Wedlake Bell, Tom worked as an Associate at Bates Wells and trained at a large national law firm.
Tom graduated from the University of Exeter with a degree in History before completing his GDL and LPC at The University of Law in Guildford.