Simon has extensive experience of handling a broad range of commercial, residential and agricultural transactions.
- Acting for a multiple high street retailer in the acquisition of new stores and handling lease regears, renewals and property management work throughout its property portfolio.
- Acting for a leading care home operator in the acquisition, funding and development of a substantial number of new care homes.
- Acting for a prominent international watch manufacturer in the acquisition of premises to form a new service and repair centre, a flagship West End store and a new head office.
- Acting for an offshore company in a complex sale and leaseback of a multi-occupied investment property involving substantial funding and security work.
- Acting for an international school in connection with the property and funding related work in relation to a substantial site development.
- Acting for an almshouse charity in the sale of several sites for development to fund expansion of the charity’s accommodation.
Simon was admitted as a solicitor in 1977, having trained at Hyde Mahon & Pascall, where he became a partner in 1979. That firm merged with Bridges Sawtell & Adams in 1985 and, following further mergers with Cumberland Ellis in 2008 and Wedlake Bell in 2012, Simon became a partner at Wedlake Bell and was elected Senior Partner in 2013 and is now a consultant.